Recommend me an underrated album.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I know you asked for an album list but since it is 2 am i am not in the mood for lists instead I will give you a link to my music library I listen to online. I know it has some great underrated and overrated albums in it.
http://www.last.fm/user/aprilmarie42

Dieter Meyer

Jan 14, 2011
California by Mr.Bungle

Sort of an experimental rock album, give it a few listens and you'll never let it go.
Mike Patton's vocals are just amazing D:

Cracktopus

Apr 6, 2010
While Meshuggah is hardly obscure, Catch-33 as an album is severy underrated. It's another concept album, so it works best if listened to as a whole.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
lowkey_jotunn said:
Nice choice my friend...Karnivool are an amazing band :)

One of the most underrated bands of all time are the French Kicks..still waiting for them to tour Australia haha.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
Any album by My Bloody Valentine, but Loveless is a great place to start.

Tepid Peppermint by The Brian Jones Massacre is a great compilation of very nice music

Pink Floyd's Meddle. To all you metal fans out there, Pink Floyd pretty much laid down the bluprint for all metal jams with this song.

I can also offer Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's first album, BRMC.

IMO, there's some good stuff in there. Most times when I post in these threads, I get ignored, so someone please watch these.

Peter Storer

May 30, 2011
For All We Know, Album by Ruud Jolie
The Unforgiving, by Within Temptation
Mind the Acoustic Pieces, by Maiden United. (Acoustic Iron Maiden re-arangment. Iron Maiden like the album, wich has to say something.)

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Autopilot Off's Make A Sound album is amazing. And The Working Title's About Face is also a under rated album that I love.

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
Alice In hell by Annihilator and Above by Mad Season have almost been forgotten to the point that they don't exist anymore.
Its a shame because they were both really good albums =/

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
People tend to overlook Hail to the Thief when discussing Radiohead, but I think it's their best record. So..Yeah, listen to that.

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
Pink moon- by Nick Drake- 1972- island records.

28 minutes of the most honest and bare artistic expression pulled from six strings acompanied only by soft ethereal vocals. the most underated masterpiece of the 70's(or ever) Pink Moon is a sultry landscape of night and despair culminating in the optimism of the rising sun. it sold barely 5000 copies in Drakes short liftime less than either of his previous albums. And its a truly unique experience (best listened to from start to finish) that truly takes you through the worst of despair and leaves you with the tiny threads of optimism.

Rem and the Cure both give much of their song writing influence to Drakes work.

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011

... The fuck?
You sir, are buggered.

Personally I'd recommend 'Dawn Of The Deli Creeps' By... The Deli Creeps. Their debut (and only) album and it's absolutely fantastic. The singer's a truck driver, what more could you want?

EDIT: Could someone tell me how to bloody do these youtube things? They just show up as white spaces on my screen.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
The "Deluxe" album by Firebird--very, very underrated band.

And to change genre completely:
The "Honour, Valour, Pride" album by Bolt Thrower.

Hip Priest

Aug 25, 2011
Tilt by Scott Walker.

Bleak and despairing, it's an album which manages to reflect the sense of horror and nihilism which defined the 20th century.

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
And to change genre completely:
The "Honour, Valour, Pride" album by Bolt Thrower.

They're from my town. My mum's friends with the bassist. :D
Can I have a cookie?
Also I'd also recommend 10,000 days by Tool along with my previous mention. Fantastically progressive album and iff you attatch 3 songs together in a very weird way, you get a SUPER SECRET SONG :O

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
Nadlice said:
It sounds like you would really enjoy Buck 65. I recommend the compilation "This Right Here is Buck 65".

No country or rap here, no sir.
zehydra said:
Mat Turner said:
Breaker deGodot said:
I can enjoy anything except for Country and Rap.
Then let me recommend some country and rap, you horribly average closed-minded turd.

Busdriver, like Twista but a thousand times sharper and with great production. Also a master of wordplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpP-8tJ-9Js

The Old 97's, the kings of alt-country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is83WB7Ue1Y&feature=related

Don't shut out whole genres because you heard somebody say "HUR I LIKE ERTHANG BUT RAP AND COUNTRY". They're usually morons who only listen to Top 40.
Um, except I also hate those genres because I don't like the kind of sound they're based on. I love prog rock, grunge rock psychedelic stuff, and I'm by no means the kind of person that just listens to the top 40.

In fact, a lot of people who are music enthusiasts don't like rap or country
I really don't know anybody I'd call a music enthusiast who claims to dislike entire genres as large as country and rap.

On the off chance you've actually listened to artists representing most of the different forms of the genres, what was it that turned you off?
I find that I listen to music for melody and singing, not for poetry or a good beat, so rap just doesn't appeal to me. As for country, I'll admit I'm really just biased without any particular reasoning behind it.

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
I find it funny that so many people have said that "Grace" is not underrated; I hadn't even heard of Jeff Buckley until I saw Watchmen and recognized "Hallelujah" on the soundtrack. Go figure.

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
St. Elsewhere by Gnarls Barkley, also know: those guys that made the Crazy song, also know as: very deep song but lionized for all the wrong reasons. Cee-Lo Green, the singer, is so vehement, he just oozes with passion in every song. A Danger Mouse, the producer, does not fall behind with his beats, Go-Go-Gadget Gospel is just amazing.

Please give it a listen, you will not be disappointed.

Mat Turner

Aug 25, 2011
Snake Plissken said:
Mat Turner said:
The Old 97's, the kings of alt-country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is83WB7Ue1Y&feature=related
While I would give that title to Lucero and not the Old 97s, I appreciate finding fellow alt.country lovers. Thanks for supporting a genre that should be more recognized than it is.
I'll drink to that. I liked Escape from New York, too.