Recommend me some ambient music.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
For those of you who have seen Adventure Time, you know that The Land Of Ooo is a very sprawling and open space with lots of peace, at least the environment. For those of you who don't watch Adventure Time and probably more mature than me, Minecraft. Mincraftia is soft, tons to explore, do, see. Most of all Minecraft has some ambient soft music. Tell me of artists or soundtracks that feature ambient music. Something you can just lay down to and listen to. I also think it's dream educing at times.
Edit: preferabbly something I can get for free.
Edit 2: Something that gives a feeling of isolation.
Edit 3: Something to give of the feel of the environment stated above.

CpnChaos

Sep 20, 2010
Look up Dream with Portals. Artist Dirty Knobs slowed down some Portal 2 songs so they last roughly 30 min. each from a 4 min. song! Very entrancing, love falling asleep listening to it.

SYSTEM-J

Aug 7, 2008
I'd recommend a label called Ultimae Records, it's a French ambient label. You may have heard of one of their artists called Solar Fields, as he did the score to Mirror's Edge. Other artists worth listening to from the label include Aes Dana, Carbon Based Lifeforms and HUVA Network, although most of the things they release are beautiful. You can find their entire catalogue on Spotify, and most of it is on Youtube if you don't want to pay.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Anything from the Mirror's Edge soundtrack. I'll post some of my favourites, but really, any of the [Ambiance] or [Puzzle] tracks should do nicely.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
novixz said:
For those of you who have seen Adventure Time, you know that The Land Of Ooo is a very sprawling and open space with lots of peace, at least the environment. For those of you who don't watch Adventure Time and probably more mature than me, Minecraft. Mincraftia is soft, tons to explore, do, see. Most of all Minecraft has some ambient soft music. Tell me of artists or soundtracks that feature ambient music. Something you can just lay down to and listen to. I also think it's dream educing at times.
Edit: preferabbly something I can get for free.
Edit 2: Something that gives a feeling of isolation.
Dunno if it fits into your specifications, but to me the moniker "Helios" used by Keith Kenniff is what I consider to be the epitome of ambient music.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
This, and the rest on the guy's channel-

Melon Hunter said:
Anything from the Mirror's Edge soundtrack. I'll post some of my favourites, but really, any of the [Ambiance] or [Puzzle] tracks should do nicely.

This one is amazing. One of the few reasons I purposefully stopped in the game

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010

I'm sure at least some of that would fit Ooo. Susumu Yokota's music is probably the closest in terms of feel, but most of his work is pretty far removed from your Minecraft sample. Brian Eno's ambient music is closer to the sample, and of course way too melancholic to be Adventure Time-ish.

This is why I think Sawako is a good match. While I couldn't find my favorite tracks of hers on Youtube (Cloud no Crowd, Rush, Brand New Fossil), she has a great mix of isolation and warmth. If you want to go more 'pop', you could also give Cokiyu and Gutevolk a listen.

Aphex Twin and Lustmord's ambient stuff is admittedly a bit darker, then again..

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Here, I searched ambient music for you to pick from. [https://www.google.com/search?q=ambient+music&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#q=ambient+music&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=vid&source=og&sa=N&tab=wv&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=abbb949120f13cbd&biw=1152&bih=701] Choose wisely.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Usually when I listen to ambient music, I listen to DroneZone on Soma FM whenever it pops up on the iTunes radio. It does wonders to block out distractions around you while doing homework.

MaxPhantom

Nov 25, 2009
I have to second the ultimae records suggestion, I just love those guys, some really great music coming out of there. I would also add

deaf centre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdRUMqds5r8

biosphere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2KkaRLiyxg

and the sound track to the film Solaris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2DllLgz-9Q