Crank.
Hitman.
Resident Evil I&II&III.
Dead Snow.
Domino.
Taken.
Shooter.
Complete and utter fail
Why? Just because they're video game movies? That doesn't change the fact that both contain a good amount of kicking ass and badassery.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
The first two that comes to mind is Die Hard and Taken. Both are great movies.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
RanD00M said:
squidbuddy99 said:
RanD00M said:
Ricky Oh:The story of Ricky.
Doomsday.
Danny the Dog.
Assassins/War.
Crank.
Hitman.
Resident Evil I&II&III.
Dead Snow.
Domino.
Taken.
Shooter.
Complete and utter fail
Why? Just because they're video game movies? That doesn't change the fact that both contain a good amount of kicking ass and badassery.
No, not just that. I've seen both, and both suck. Still, if you were in it only for action, they're ok. Any other reason, they suck.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Mr & Mrs Smith is good fun, and pretty Badass.

Also, the Matrix is one of the all-time most badass films ever. So is the Punisher. So is Crank.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
If you don't mind subtitles; Crows Zero.

Its about a school that kids go to and basically fight each other. They form "gangs" and make alliances. They're all trying to be the number 1 fighter in the school. It's not the "flying around on a wire" kind of fighting. Its just dirty street fighting.

Also; Versus. It's also subtitled.

Basically, it has zombies, guns, zombies that know how to use guns, martial arts, and some weird "power". Its like a group of friends took a video camera and an idea into the woods. Its a B movie, but I love it. Its so cheesy, its actually kinda good.

May 28, 2009
x_the_eliminator said:
What are some pure awesome movies? Movies like: Kill Bill, Fight Club, Old Boy, Falling Down, The Boondocks Saints, etc. Give me some of your favorite movies that are bad ass and kick ass,(but not the actual movie Kick Ass, I already saw that).
Shoot 'em Up

its a silly film, but come on some with in the 1st 5 mins there is a gun fight, a woman gives birth and someone get killed by a carrot and it just goes crazy from there

Generator

May 8, 2009
As others have said, absolutely anything by Quentin Tarantino is bound to contain unprecedented amounts of badassery.
Zombieland is another really cool movie, that's genuinely funny.
Westerns are also well-known "awesome movies", and one of my personal favorites is 3:10 to Yuma.

Just a few suggestions, but they seem to fit your criteria. Major props for mentioning Boondock Saints, by the way; despite being kind of cheesy and even relatively incoherent at times, that movie had some of the greatest action sequences I've ever seen.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Hard Rock Zombies.

Here's the premise: A glamrock band is killed by Hitler (yes, fucking Hitler) and his black magic cult/family. They get brought back to life as rock and roll zombies, who must battle Hitler and newly resurrected zombie dancers.

Here. Watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=das3RxT8oUU

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Sgt. Sykes said:
Check Equilibrium. It's quite unpopular, but seriously, who can beat swordfights with handguns?
XJ-0461 said:
Inglourious Basterds. The one with two "u"s in the title is the Tarantino one.
Both of these, several times over. Also Sin City, Gladiator, and The Shawshank Redemption. That last one might not be "bad-ass", but it's an amazing film.

x_the_eliminator

Aug 14, 2009
Generator said:
As others have said, absolutely anything by Quentin Tarantino is bound to contain unprecedented amounts of badassery.
Zombieland is another really cool movie, that's genuinely funny.
Westerns are also well-known "awesome movies", and one of my personal favorites is 3:10 to Yuma.

Just a few suggestions, but they seem to fit your criteria. Major props for mentioning Boondock Saints, by the way; despite being kind of cheesy and even relatively incoherent at times, that movie had some of the greatest action sequences I've ever seen.
Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsJxaahWm5U&feature=related
Boondocks Saints, and all it's cheesy, awesome goodness.