Recommend me some Headpones

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
So I'm finally tired of buying cheapo earbuds and am looking for something of quality. Lemme run down what I'm looking for here.
I'm looking for something to listen to music on my smartphone, so either some quality earbuds or some lightweight and low-profile headphones that I can carry around all day, not looking for a gaming headset.
I'm also on kind of a tight budget, so I'd prefer to find something for less than $100, but if quality and durability don't come that cheap then I can go as high as $150.

Anybody have any recommendations?

EDIT: Alright I made a decision. Since the Sennheiser brand came most recommended I wound up ordering from them. So case closed here, no further input needed. I would like to thank everyone for their time and recommendations, Good day to you all.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Oof, $100 dollars should get you something pretty tastey.

I used AKG buds for a while...really, really great quality...but the wire broke after a few months, which was a grand shame.
I'm using some Sennheiser buds at the moment which cost the same, around £30-£40, but aren't nearly as good quality-wise...yet they have survived longer.

So mmh;

TL:DR, AKG are really good if you're careful:].

Zmerc

Aug 20, 2011
Skull Candy makes great ear buds for around 60-100, They were my favorite. Until someone broke in my car a stole them, apparently they knew quality because they left my first gen bent up scratched nano behind.

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
Skull candy is usually great, I've seriously had the pair I've got know for about 8 months now. They aren't cheap though, they're still usually about 20> if you can find them on sale.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Was in a similar position to you a little while back, ended up buying a pair of Sennheiser HD435's for £50- they're very high quality with brilliant clarity of sound and are surprisingly sturdy, accidentally dropped them out of a second story window and they still work perfectly.

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
I use some Sennheiser CX 281 earbuds when I'm on the move. They're comfortable, durable, and they sound great. Can't remember exactly what I paid for them but I think it was around ?30-40. I highly recommend these.