Recommend me some hip-hop

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
another vote here for Hopsin, one of my favorite rappers right now, this two video set is top of my rotation right now

then this one picks up right where that video leaves off

Also there is a disturbing lack of Krizz Kaliko in this thread

this song makes me damn near cry every time I hear it

lastly to show one of my favorite female rappers some love

hope you enjoy! if you want more let me know, I listen to a little of everything :D

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Death Grips is probably the best out there, if you can call the ramblings of a drunken hobo over weird beats "hip-hop". It's not everyone's thing, but I think it's amazing.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Dear Mama is one of my favorite songs.
NWA is always fun.
Ludacris is consistently good
And for the underground. Immortal Technique.

MacLeRoy

Jan 13, 2011
Oh my yes! Good to see someone look past the crap in the spot light! Seriously good for you! Here is a list of artist you should look into. My advice is to start with their greatest albums to get a decent sample and branch out from there. Not going to cover the obvious guys (2pac, Biggie Smalls, Public Enemy, Wu Tang, Beastie Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, and etc.)

Guru's Jazzamatazz

NASA- Great variety here!

Gang Starr

Zion I & Grouch

The Cool Kids

Afrika Bambaataa

LL Cool J's pre 2000s stuff

NWA

Eric B & Rakim

EPMD

Missy Elliot

Mary J. Blige (earlier stuff)

Turntablism:
Scratch Nerds
DJ Craze
MixMaster Mike
Qbert
DJ Jazzy Jeff
X-ecutioners

NOTE: Though lyrics in music that Dr. Dre produced can be incredibly abrasive, his prowess as producer cannot be denied. Do yourself a favor and check out The Chronic and The Chronic 2001

For some chill ass cool compilations check out:

Deeper Concentration
Mushroom Jazz

There is SOOOO much good hip hop and rap out there! You have to look deeper than what is in the spotlight and don't be afraid to dig. As a obsessor of music I thank you for your curiosity!

p.s. Spotify is a great resource, it's free for an account and the library is surprisingly large. If you go for the premium membership (9.99/MONTH) you can even download playlists on your mobile device or computer.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Jarren Benton (Specifically Skitzo, Razorblades and Steak Knives, Cadillacs and Chevy's, and Go Off) and Brotha Lynch Hung are good if you like horrorcore.
SwizZz (Crank, Zoom In, MartianzZz Vs. GoblinzZz) and Hopsin are pretty on point right now, but Hop seems like he wants to quit. Which is weird because he just started buzzing.

Chamillionaire is a lot about money and cars, but Sound of Revenge and back are still pretty cool. He's pretty deep now, one of his recent releases, End of The Knife has a sweet perspective.

Like someone else said, Luda will rarely disappoint, and T.I. Vs. T.I.P. is a good album, and Troubleman seems like you could enjoy that even better based on your personal tastes.

Killa Kyleon has gotten pretty good over the years, another H-Town heavyweight. Who Shot Ya and Time Machine freestyle will either make him or break him for you.

And while I'm personally having trouble listening to Tech N9ne right now, he's a must listen. All 6's and 7's is a great album, even if He's a Mental Giant makes no sense at some points.

Lynch's Manibalector album is grim, gruesome, and disturbing, but if that doesn't bug you, it's fantastic all the way through.

Oh, and I also mess around, focusing on clowning around, and sticking as many rhymes and double/triple entandres into one verse, we really can't advertise our own stuff, but we can have our Youtube links in our profile. You can check it out, but I'm not sure how to tell you without getting a warning. But I suppose I just did.