Recommend me some Third-Person Shooters?

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
I loved the only 2 hours I played of Mercenaries on the original Xbox. Unfortunately the game froze due to incompatibility with the 360.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Vanquish is the best TPS for the current gen because it's not a cover shooter (AKA glorified whack-a-mole). Vanquish does have a cover system but the game gives you the tools to play while staying out in the open; on both my playthroughs, I used cover less than 4% of the time (you actually score higher for not using cover). The only reason to use cover in Vanquish is to jump over it in slow-mo and kill a bunch of Russian robots or smoke a cig.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Sinclose said:
Redlin5 said:
[sub]I've never actually played a decent 3rd person shooter...[/sub]
As someone who plays and enjoys games, HAVE YOU NO SHAME?
I'm poor, running a Gamecube and obsolete computers. Take it easy.

[sub]The only third person shooter I've every really played was Army Men, Sarge's war.[/sub]

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
Vanquish owns this entire genre. It's the absolute diamond standard for any TPS on any platform. Makes everything else look and feel like it's slow-mo porridge. Simply the best.

Sep 14, 2009
cgmetallica1981 said:
I was watching my bro play some GTA IV on the PS3. Now I'm in the mood for a good third-person shooter, preferably with a good cover system. I've played Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space games, Resident Evil games, and Gears of War games to name a few. I would prefer it if the suggestions are not Tom Clancy games, and the I would prefer it if it was PC or 360.
vanquish, its so much fun and has alot of replay value

if you have a ps2 i would recommend socom 1 and 2, i loved the online to death but the campaigns are good, very strategic. (plus find em in a game shop for like 1 dollar, no joke)

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
The Metal Gear Solid HD collection just came out on 360. Comes with MGS3 and PeaceWalker, which were both great. PeaceWalker is like Pokemon but with guns and nuclear armed, bipedal walking tanks.