Recommend One Album

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Kinda search bar approved, but... you know, the search bar. Not the easiest thing to find with.

Quite a simple thread: recommend the people of The Escapist an album. It doesn't necessarily have to be your favourite, just one that you think people would enjoy. Say what genre it is as well!

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois: I heard this album about a week ago, and I can't describe how much I enjoy it. It's kind of indie/alternative-folk-pop, but it doesn't fall into the trap that so many other similar artists do of either being boring or twee. It just works, and is both the happiest and saddest album I've heard. Make of that what you will...

Jul 22, 2009
Zebrahead - Phoenix

Lots of funny and awesome punk rock from one of my favourite bands out there.

Also quite raprocky in an awesome way.

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
Foo Fighters - The Colour And The Shape

It rocks! Has a great variety of songs on it; inlcuding Everlong and Monkey Wrench.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009

Every person who considers themselves a music fan should own this album.

-m

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to have to suggest Full Fathom Five, Clutch's live album [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.206062]. A pretty good album, combines stoner rock, blues and a band singing live to great effect.

[sup][sup]And no, I didn't just subtly plug a review I've done. That's just crazy... >> <<[/sup][/sup]

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission (Rock)

1: It's the first album I laid eyes on when I was thinking what to post
2: It's really good, although perhaps quite mainstream, every song is decent.
3: If you go to HMV all four Lostprophets albums come under the 2 for £10 deal, so you can get all of them for £20. (hint: I cannot recommend this enough)

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons. My friend told me about them like two weeks ago and it's now one of my favorite albums of all time.

Matt_LRR said:

-m
Gah! I own Pablo Honey on vinyl, is that good enough?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Nightwish - Century Child

Such a good collection of songs. ^_^

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Mastodon-Leviathan

Heavy from start to finish, the songs simply seem to flow together into one enormous whale of an album.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Portishead - Third.

I can name way more albums that are great all the way through but i don't want to be accused of not being able to count!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Avenged Sevenfold - self titled.

Any of their albums are epic. Metal, with a bit of Country, Classical and Gothic thrown in every now and then. Danny Elfman helped orcestrate this album.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Matt_LRR said:

-m
Yes! I love this album as well; I think it's arguably better than OK Computer.

I saw you say this in another thread but didn't comment on it, I didn't want to seem like a brown-nosing chump... but now that you're here -

Also, as a Radiohead fan, have you heard this - it's quite good. [http://stereogum.com/okx/]

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Richie Havens, Mixed Bag (1967)

It's just sublime. There's no point in trying to describe why.

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Volbeat - Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood

Genre: Danish Metal (english lyrics though)

chaplin

Nov 25, 2009
Over-Nite Sensation by Frank Zappa

The lyrics of most of the songs are pretty dirty but the music is well orchestrated and Zappa is the best guitarist of all time.