Recommend some Genesis games

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Another vote for Shining Force here. Especially 2. However, Ristar was a great platformer, and you might want to see if you like The Chaos Engine. Not everyone's cup of tea, but....

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
Michael Jacksons Moonwalker

PURE LULZ!

Others I remember enjoying

Micro Machines
Cosmic Spacehead
Castlevania *cant remember its sub title*

Rhythm

Sep 17, 2008
Volafortis said:
Shining Force 1 & 2, both are excellent turn based RPGs.
This person speaks the truth. The shining force games on the Megadrive/Genesis were by far my favourite games on that system.

Landstalker was also a fun game as well as......arrrrgh, I can't remember it now. Begins with an 'A' I think. Man that's going to drive me insane now. I'll edit this later when/if I remember it.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
General Chaos is a riot, and Desert Strike is a hell of a lot of fun. The sequels (Jungle Strike, Urban Strike) are pretty sweet, too.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Aerobiz Supersonic owned so much of my Genesis days.

Also give Eternal Champions a try. It's not spectacular, but still can be quite fun.

Strid

Oct 24, 2009
I just happen to have some of my old gensis/mega drive games sitting in front of me on a shelf (great, now I wish my mega drive still worked).

Anyways, some of the games that brought me joy as a child were:
Sonic the Hedgehog - Pretty much a must have game for genesis
The Jungle Book - Awesome platform based game
Mortal Kombat 3 - No explanation needed.

Ahh, the nostalgia...

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Columns, kid chameleon, Golden Axe, Streets of rage 1&2, Sonic 1 & 2, World Championship Soccer, Echo the dolphin, Zool and Speed Ball 2 - Brutal Deluxe!

Oh, and THESE!

Don't deny them, they are epic. <3

Also, can someone help me remeber a game title. It was a bike racing game that came along side Columns & Streets of rage. Also, a Rolelrblading game where you could grab the back of cars and bust a wicked move of ramps in the middle of a motorway.

Tav73

Jul 8, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Also, can someone help me remeber a game title. It was a bike racing game that came along side Columns & Streets of rage.
Super Hang-On? The music in that was brilliant.

On-Topic: I got nothing much that hasn't been said already. Played Golden Axe and Streets of Rage til my thumbs were sore as a kid and plenty of Sonic.

There's a collection of games on one cart; Super Hang-On, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Revenge of Shinobi, Columns and World Cup Italia '90/Sonic 1 (Depending on version).
I think it was called Mega Games 6, but I'll have to check my copy.
I'd recommend that.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Tav73 said:
Distorted Stu said:
Also, can someone help me remeber a game title. It was a bike racing game that came along side Columns & Streets of rage.
Super Hang-On? The music in that was brilliant.

On-Topic: I got nothing much that hasn't been said already. Played Golden Axe and Streets of Rage til my thumbs were sore as a kid and plenty of Sonic.

There's a collection of games on one cart; Super Hang-On, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Revenge of Shinobi, Columns and World Cup Italia '90/Sonic 1 (Depending on version).
I think it was called Mega Games 6, but I'll have to check my copy.
I'd recommend that.
Thank you! Super Hang-on was epic. I remeber i had a favourite track i would always pick for racing <3

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Just hearing this makes me glad I picked up the ultimate genesis collection. Streets of Rage 2, Vectorman, Shining Force, Revenge of the Shinobi, Columns, I actually enjoyed the Phantasy Star ones as well but those first already mentioned ones are the must haves.

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
And no one is saying anything about Desert Strike or Jungle Strike in all of this? Shame... Especially considering it was one of the early sandbox games around. Essentially Grand Theft Auto with a multi-million dollar helicopter and tons of ammo all around d(^-^)b

The Genesis version was far superior to the Super Nintendo simply because of the button layout; no shoulder buttons means you just needed a quick thumb. And the graphics were (in my opinion) better as well. Between the two, the controls are easy to figure out, though the isometric look (read: you move sideways to go up/down/left/right, never straight) might throw some people for a loop. Just don't fall for the PS1 ripoffs, because they suck horribly in comparison >.<

Used to play my friend's Genesis until I stopped going over to his house, and also got one for myself when I was about 10 (when the PS1 was just starting up... until about a year ago I was always one generation behind >.<), second system, though the first one I'd bought with my own money. Remember plenty of hours playing all of the Strike games, Primal Rage (fart attack... hehe...), the first four Sonic the Hedgehog games (yeah, even that weird one that Sonic & Knuckles was... I actually liked Knuckles the most o_O), and probably a dozen more that escape my mind.

EDIT: Holy crap, how could I forget NBA Jam in this? @___@ Makes the NBA Street games look like child's play, dunking from half-court and all ^-^!!

HE'S ON FIRE!!