Recommend what you would consider must-play iPhone Games

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
I am a hardcore gamer who plans on buying his first smartphone, iPhone 5S. I would like to ask games you would recommend as a must-play in iPhone.

Also I've played Limbo, Plants vs Zombies, Five Nights at Freddy's, Bastion, World of Goo and VVVVVV in the PC. Are they worth playing in a portable smartphone?

These games have also caught my eye while searching and are considered to be some of the best games that it can offer. Would you recommend these?:
- Sometimes You Die
- Hero Academy
- Fruit Ninja
- Clash of Clans
- Threes
- Blackbar
- Flow Free
- Device 6
- Monument Valley

Space Butterfly

May 7, 2014
One game I bought a while ago was Sid Meir's pirates it has a highish price for IOS games but I just love it. Just pirating around in the golden age of piracy is lots of fun. However there is a PC version which I haven't played and if you already played black flag I don't know if it would be worth it.

Clearwaters

Jul 14, 2014
The first Shin Megami Tensei is on IOS in fact it's the only version officially in English. I'd reccomend that if you're into older RPGs.
Also from your list. Fruit Ninja is nice for wasting time on the bus, but gets old fast. Device 6 is a very clever game a must have if you ask me.
I haven't played the others you listed.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Plants vs Zombies and World of Goo were great time wasters for me. I tend to stay away from games that keep repeating the same mechanic used in other games (Angry Birds, etc) or games that are heavy on in-app purchases. If you're into Minecraft/Terraria style games, there's a game called Junk Jack that's pretty fun (with a newer one, Junk Jack X) and Blockheads, which is free but you can pay a one-time upgrade cost to double crafting time. It seems simple at first but there's a lot to do, really complex game.

Pocket Frogs is a fun little collection game. Of course... Frogs. :D

Stay away from Candy Crush... Just don't do it.

joest01

Apr 15, 2009
I have never gotten into mobile games. With the exception of some JRPG. Chtulhu saves the world and a few of others. I guess Battleheart is one that is a little more mobile game and less 16bit throwback.

And then of course there is the mighty Infinity Blade. That game has cost me a good many hours of my life.

Methoda

Nov 1, 2014
I dont know if its playable on the iphone but if it is id suggest that you try Injustice. Its awesome :)

Blue C Jeffrey

Mar 27, 2014
The Dark Room.

It's a text game, so don't expect much in the visual department. That said, it does provide an intriguing narrative. Not much is explained except for the details provided of the environment and the flow of consciousness given by yourself apparently.

If you're into that kind of thing, give it a look.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Dondonpachi Resurrection / Maximum, Insect Princess 1 & 2 and other CAVE shmups on iphone are supposed to be really fun to play for casual and hardcore gamers alike

Super Hexigon

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
I've recently found out that Frozen Synapse is available for iPhones. It is one of my most favorite games in the PC. Did they do a good job in the port to make the tactics playable in a touch pad?

EDIT: Sine Mora too. Is it a good port?

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
-Tiny Thief
-Oceanhorn
-Swordigo
-Waking Mars
-Temple Run 2
-9th Dawn
-Pocket Tanks

Plus, if you're into boardgames, Talisman, Lords of Waterdeep and Agricola all have very good IOS versions.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
I really like Fruit Ninja. I often play it while on breaks at work. It's not exactly a cerebral experience, but it can be very...gratifying, as odd as that may seem. I dunno, if slicing fruit in half with your finger sounds even remotely up your ally, the game is only a buck, so it's not like you have a lot to lose. Also Robot Unicorn Attack 2. Those are the only two games that have managed to hold my attention on iOS, and the latter is free, so give it a try.

Alvin Joseph

Oct 21, 2014
Here is my list for Iphone6 games: You must try it. It's good.

1. Asphalt 8: Airborne
2. Epic Zen Garden
3. Monument Valley
4. Plunder Pirates
5. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
6. Valiant Hearts: The Great War
7. 80 Days
8. Modern Combat 5: Blackout
9. The Room Two
10. Vainglory

Hope you like it. :)

Trude

Nov 26, 2012
Bastion did make an admirable transition to the smartphone without losing anything important. Unless you count having a dedicated heal button to be a deal breaker.
Deemo and Cytus are by far the best rhythm games on the market if you're into that.
[B}Brave Frontier[/B] for your Pokemon crack fix.
Hitman Go is a clever turn-based take on Hitman about weaving your way through patrolling guards.
English Country Tune for difficult spatial problem solving.

liza01

Oct 10, 2014
Mirroga said:
I am a hardcore gamer who plans on buying his first smartphone, iPhone 5S. I would like to ask games you would recommend as a must-play in iPhone.

Also I've played Limbo, Plants vs Zombies, Five Nights at Freddy's, Bastion, World of Goo and VVVVVV in the PC. Are they worth playing in a portable smartphone?

These games have also caught my eye while searching and are considered to be some of the best games that it can offer. Would you recommend these?:
- Sometimes You Die
- Hero Academy
- Fruit Ninja
- Clash of Clans
- Threes
- Blackbar
- Flow Free
- Device 6
- Monument Valley
I personally would love to recommend you two of the said make you mention. Fruit Ninja, because played it and really have fun while playing. And the fruits are just too tempting er, just kidding! The other one is Clash of Clans just playing this recently. It?s very challenging for me, because it?s all about making a strategy.

Daft Ada

Sep 9, 2014
I haven't really played on my iPhone much in the last year or so, so these suggestions may be quite old.

Game Dev Story
Peggle
Zentomino
The Room 1,2 & 3
Tiny Tower
Monument Valley
Godus
Bomboozle 3
Knightfall
Puzzlecraft

csulasiris

Nov 5, 2014
Battrix: Floating Continent

It is an iPhone RPG from the makers of Half-Minute Hero, where you reclaim the world map from monsters one square at a time. Weapons can be tinkered with at a variety of smiths to gain extra stats and elements and you can pull in a friend or random stranger from another game to act as a tag-team combat buddy. Great for short subway rides and long marathon sessions at home in equal measure.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
After taking into account your suggestions, reading articles about the best iPhone games, and taking into account the games that interested me by watching reviews and gameplays, I am finally able to list off games that interested me the most and possible buy in the future.

- 868-Hack (Roguelike Puzzle)
- Badland (Puzzle Platformer)
- Bastion (Hack n' Slash)
- Clash of Clans (MMO Base Defense/Offense)
- Flow Free (Puzzle)
- Hitman Go (Puzzle)
- Infinity Blade Trilogy (Hack n' Slash)
- LIMBO (Puzzle Platformer)
- Monument Valley (Puzzle Platformer)
- Plants VS Zombies Series (Tower Defense)
- Temple Run 2 (Endless Runner)
- Threes! (Puzzle)
- Trainyard (Puzzle)

I would like people to read this list and tell me if they can personally recommend/not recommend some of the games here through preference or experiences. I would also like people to suggest more iPhone games that might be close to the gameplay on my list.