Red Dead multiplayer awesomeness!

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1082538p1.html

Read the full article for all the info but basically, there's a few different multiplayer games you can play but the neatest thing is how they start - your team and the other team, facing eachother for a 3..2..1.. SHOOTOUT! Sounds pretty fun. The team that survives the shootout gets a headstart as the other team waits to respawn.

The other really cool feature is that the multiplayer lobby is basically the single player game world. You can form a posse and go hunting or foraging, you can go fight other posses and you can even get bounties on your head.

You also level up and unlock new stuff in Free Roam (I think that's the multiplayer lobby) so you start on a donkey and work your way up to horses and such.

I wonder if you can use your character from the single player tho, like maybe not all the same guns and equipment, but at least the same avatar and clothing.

Either way, this game keeps looking better and better.

blackshark121

Jan 4, 2009
Ghostwise said:
It will indeed be the shit. There is still some info they are holding out on us as well. This game will win game of the year. If it doesn't I'll make out with Rosie O'Donnell.
I am damn well going to hold you to that.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
This looks like the best videogame to come out in at least two years. I honestly think that this, Portal 2 and Starcraft 2 will be all I need to last this year.

swordless

Mar 29, 2010
It does look pretty cool. Very few games get my attention because of the multiplayer but this one definately has.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Lemon Of Life said:
This looks like the best videogame to come out in at least two years. I honestly think that this, Portal 2 and Starcraft 2 will be all I need to last this year.
Add Gran Turismo 5 and that's basically the same for me as well. Only a month and 9 days to go for Red Dead Redemption! Wewt!

BonsaiTreee

Apr 8, 2010
i bought call of juarez: BIB hoping for this game right here. i can not wait to play this! red dead is going to dominate my attention for some time to come.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Heres my opinion, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.186977-RDR-Multiplayer-Free-Roam-Video#5710239.

Still looks good though.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
My god this looks awesome. We need an escapist posse. We needed this game yesterday. I've been looking forward to this since i first heard of it almost a year ago. Free roam looks like the best multiplayer MMOish experience i've ever seen. Lag worries me a bit, but can't wait to get in there.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Da_Schwartz said:
My god this looks awesome. We need an escapist posse. We needed this game yesterday. I've been looking forward to this since i first heard of it almost a year ago. Free roam looks like the best multiplayer MMOish experience i've ever seen. Lag worries me a bit, but can't wait to get in there.
Hah I was thinking the same thing about an Escapist posse. That would be fun. I'm even considering breaking my normal single player first, multiplayer second tendancy and jumping straight into multiplayer. Looks so sweet!