Red Dead Redemption 2 Shown Off in Brief New Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Red Dead Redemption 2 Shown Off in Brief New Trailer

The first trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 is out, and it's taking us back to Old West in style.

The internet went into a little bit of an uproar when Red Dead Redemption 2 was officially announced on Tuesday [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168642-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Officially-Confirmed]. Now, Rockstar is building on the hype with the first official trailer for the game. Unfortunately, it leaves us all wanting more.

As you can see, the first trailer is basically just showing of the setting and teasing brief glimpses of the characters. Hopefully, we'll see more soon. That said, the game is almost a year away, so it's not that surprising that this was little more than a teaser.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is set to launch in "Autumn 2017" for PS4 and Xbox One. There's still no word on the possibility of a PC version.

[gallery=6578]

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Looks gorgeous, obviously, and the music kinda reminded me of Warren Ellis's/Nick Cave's score for The Assassination Of Jesse James:BtCRF. More of that won't exactly go amiss.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
They could have at least shown like a second of gameplay. Oh well, still interested.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
So beautiful. It's like being back in the wilds as a young cub again. And the music is harnessing a personal favourite, yet simple, technique for a specific emotion.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Looks great. The increase in level of detail at display on the clutter items at the general store makes it come alive. I hope this time its more in the west and less in the south.
DI'm sorry but I didn't like the Mexico part of RDR that much.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
All very nice but cutscenes do not a game make (Otherwise FF XIII and MGS4 would be the best games in existance). I'll get excited when we see some actual ingame graphics and gameplay