Red Dead Redemption For PC Appears on Windows Website

Oct 22, 2011
I'd buy it. Much less hyped after all these years, but it's still a damn good sandbox nonetheless.

R* might plan to release it along with nexgten ports as well.

RealRT said:
Remember how awful(...) Max Payne 3's optimization was?
No i don't. It ran pretty neat on my not-so-high-end PC.

Fishcactus

Mar 8, 2012
I hope this is true, i've been waiting forever for them to come out with a PC version. I hope it will be with multiplayer and DLC intact, since the only reason I lost interest was because I couldn't play multiplayer with with Xbox friends (I have a PS3).

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Guys, I don't care if it's been four years. The game is still fantastic and, most importantly, this may finally mean we'll see mods for the game. Even if I didn't still love the game, that would sure as shit renew my interest.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Well, unless the game stopped being enjoyable somehow, I don't really mind getting it now, seeing as I always have other games to play.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
The real issue is that if this late port is a raging success, it just may re-enforce the idea of porting to PC's late to pick up the extra bits when a game has died on console, making the PC platform even more a secondary consideration than it already is.

Bit of a catch 22 actually, dont buy it and the idea is that the PC is a bad place to try market your games, buy it and it enforces the idea its cool to wait till the console interest has died then pick up some extra dosh from ... that platform.

Personally I would think that disregarding publishers / developers that make poor and bare bones ports of their titles and those who wait till long after the other platforms have had the title and finished with... support good ports of multi platform releases (especially if there is no delays for a specific platform) and PC titles, make the market look lucrative for those who treat the market with respect... and demonstrate that its not a market to trifle with, support it or gtfo :p

I am skipping RRR, little though the impact may be, as a tiny insignificant squeak of protest.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Definite buy for me. I've almost bought this game for PS3 so many times, but I just don't use my console often enough(Dragon's Dogma is about the only thing that can get me to turn it on these days).

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i am gonna buy this immediately...
after it goes on sale on steam for like 10 bucks. i refuse to pay the 40 they will probably charge, not because i think the game hasn't aged well but because fuck you rockstar pc gaming is not even dying ironically anymore why do you hate money can we have timely pc version please.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Well, if it's true, that's a crappy thing to do.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I would have loved to play RDR a few years ago, and I still might enjoy it now (though I'd damn well expect a tremendous price cut, at this point.) But to release it four years later, after every detail of its plot has been discussed, after hundreds of Lets Plays and footage of its bugs and guides and walkthroughs and everything else has come out... To do that, now, is to treat the PC market like dogs who should be grateful for table scraps.

I know piracy on the PC is viewed as a problem. I know that making a worthwhile port isn't as fast or easy as some would like to think. That's a reason to wait six months, maybe a year.

Four years? Bite me, Rockstar. I was there when the original GTA came out, before you went 3D and became everyone's darling. Call me a whiny, privileged PC elitist if you must (though you're wrong); I think we deserve better than this. A proper announcement and an ETA while everyone was still playing it on the PS3 and 360, at the very least. You know, what we're now calling "last generation" systems?

Sheesh.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Zac Jovanovic said:
They are releasing the hostages every way you turn :D
Wait there's a news article on here about real life hostages?, not those made up minority based imaginary ones?.

Unless it's really about the minority based made up ones then really there's still many hostages had by many a side.

RedBackDragon

Apr 22, 2013
on the one hand farking finaly,

on the other hand rockstar ....

Callate said:
Well, if it's true, that's a crappy thing to do.
Four years? Bite me, Rockstar. I was there when the original GTA came out, before you went 3D and became everyone's darling. Call me a whiny, privileged PC elitist if you must (though you're wrong); I think we deserve better than this. A proper announcement and an ETA while everyone was still playing it on the PS3 and 360, at the very least. You know, what we're now calling "last generation" systems?

Sheesh.

what he said.

Donzacuceron

Sep 22, 2012
RealRT said:
Remember how awful GTA IV's and Max Payne 3's optimization was? I bet they waited that much so the computers got more powerful and could run this thing.
Max Payne 3 was optimized badly? Well that's news to me.

I already played RDR but its been a while enough so that I feel like a replay for this occasion is justified.Also I would love to finally play Undead Nightmare.

Callate said:

Sheesh.
Well to be fair steam wasn't a big enough deal 4 years ago to warrant rewritting the god forsaken code that RDR had simply too much of a loss.In terms of revenue

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
I really don't care by this point. I got my fill of old West action with Call of Juarez already and I stopped waiting for this game to come to PC years ago. Unless they sell it for 10 dollars or less, I'll pass.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
If you break my heart again Rockstar...

...I will have such revenges on you,
That all the world shall--I will do such things,--
What they are, yet I know not: but they shall be
The terrors of the earth.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
They better give it an appropriate price for a 4 year old game, like 29.99 at most.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
I'm more interested in Undead Nightmare than I am the main game but it'll all come down to the price. I wonder why it took four years though since that seems like a stupidly long time. Were they waiting for the 360 and PS3 to finally die before releasing it on PC.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
if the price is right, and the port is good, i might consider it. i actually forgot this game, even when i never played it since it never came out for the pc.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Nurb said:
They better give it an appropriate price for a 4 year old game, like 29.99 at most.
Assuming you mean dollars, I'd still argue that's too much, especially given the stupid international mark up on steam (seriously, in the UK we effectively pay an extra 20 - 30% on the cost of games once exchange rates have been calculated), so saying $29.99 especially when AAA games released the same year are selling for around $18 is more than a little steep.

As I said I'm willing to drop about £10 - £15 (about $17 - $25... then minus the Steam internation mark up (lets say 20% to be fair so actual cost in US would be $13.50 - $20) on it, IF it also comes with all the DLC, otherwise Rockstar can do one.

Delaying it's release so long is a clear message that they don't want my money.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
4 years...wow

[quote/]Red Dead Redemption is perhaps not the greatest game Rockstar has ever released,[/quote]

what do you mean here? I'm not saying it IS but the wording implies it was one if those "good concept but mixed execution" games like Mirrors edge..but red dead was well received at the time if I recall

and it blows GTA out the water...