Red Dead Redemption's Awesome Launch Trailer Rides Into Town

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
It's interesting that so many north american game's journalists ask that question, because I doubt they'd ask something similar about vikings, ninja or pirates. It's a unique setting with an air of legend about it. Of course it's interesting!

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Meh, can't say the whole "Wild West" scene did all that much for me, and I never really saw any real western movies. I thought the hats looked pretty stupid too. This game looks pretty cool, I guess, but I'm not going to rush out and buy it. Maybe when the price drops, and I've run out of other things to play.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Yep, the Wild West setting definitely appeals to me too (I live in the UK)

The idea of the Wild West is just a global cultural phenomenon, a bit like manga or football (its not called soccer dammit!) - its originated from one country, but pretty much everyone can "get it", or at least know of it.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
We Australian's get this game three days after you guys. And the waits killing me.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
John Funk said:
The idea of an open world game in which you can experience that "Showdown at High Noon"-style life is really intriguing.
Intriguing, but possibly not what you'll get from Red Dead Redemption.

It's not High Noon, it's The Wild Bunch. It's a tale from the time that the Wild West was over but didn't quite know it yet.

Aug 25, 2009
Looking forward to it. loved the first game, loved GUN, and this game looks like the best of both these games.

I just hope they didn't stick too closely to the GTA control mechanics, because I've always found them a mite sticky.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Fuck yeahhhhh!

I will most certainly be buying this. Just need a PS3 to play it on...