Red vs. Blue Drops Into Halo 3: ODST

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Red vs. Blue Drops Into Halo 3: ODST

The Rooster Teeth crew behind Halo-themed comedy machinima Red vs. Blue have been commissioned by GameStop to create promotional videos for Halo 3: ODST as a sneak peek for eagerly awaiting fanboys.

[gametrailers=55316]

MTV Multiplayer [http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/09/02/red-vs-blue-jumps-into-halo-3-odst/] caught up with two members of the Rooster Teeth crew, series creator Burnie Burns (voice of Church) and Matt Hullum (voice of Sarge) about their involvement in the promotion of Halo 3: ODST. Understandably, GameStop is eager to raise awareness of the game that will likely be vying with Modern Warfare 2 for the biggest FPS of the season, and so asked the popular Red vs. Blue team to get in on the action.

[blockquote][Gamestop] came to us and said they were looking for a cool way to tell people about ODST and they thought Red vs. Blue would be a good way to do it...They came to us and asked if we'd like to take some of the RvB guys and show off the features of Firefight mode. Basically that meant we got to play ODST a month early, and we're never gonna pass that up.[/blockquote]

While the RvB team is hard at work on their various series - let alone any possible options that could be opened up when the Halo prequel Reach hits next year - Hullum says he'd like to look into doing other franchises besides Microsoft's flagship title: "I would like to do something dark and edgy for Viva Pinata. I think there's a darker side that hasn't been explored yet."

ODST is scheduled to ship at the end of the month.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Hullum says he'd like to look into doing other franchises besides Microsoft's flagship title: "I would like to do something dark and edgy for Viva Pinata. I think there's a darker side that hasn't been explored yet."
That's blood and intestines coming out of those Pinatas, not Candy you fools!
you might get a chuckle out of this then
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=229

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
TheTygerfire said:
Um, that's Ghost Recon...
You got my hopes up and I saw NOTHING Ghost Recon related. Now I'm sad.

OT: The video was too much of an advertisement to be any measurable level of funny. Now I'm double sad.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
CountFenring said:
TheTygerfire said:
Um, that's Ghost Recon...
You got my hopes up and I saw NOTHING Ghost Recon related. Now I'm sad.

OT: The video was too much of an advertisement to be any measurable level of funny. Now I'm double sad.
Well, considering that it is an advertisement, it shouldn't be a surprise. They did machinima adverts for Maden before, as well.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
haha, that was quite funny XD plus it was a good promotion for ODST as well... I guess marketing isn't a problem for Gamestop :p