Redlin5's 50K Post - What would you use the pill for?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Last one of these I'll make until something insane happens. Like 100K or something.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
That said it's time to use the occasion to make a thread I wanted to make weeks ago while using the 50K title. Hypocrite powers away! :D

With that out of the way let's talk about NZT. What is NZT? It's a miracle drug from the movie Limitless that kicks your brain into overdrive and let's you use all that gray matter you're abusing to its full potential. For the purpose of this thread, let's assume that there are no side effects in the batch we're about to talk about and there is no way to copy the drug. It's impossible even when you're smart-er.

You are handed an envelope with 24 of these smart pills. You're allowed to use them whenever you want for whatever occasion. What will you do with your fully activated brain? How will you ration your pills? Maybe a pill a month for two years to accomplish your goals? Maybe blast them away one after another each day to see where you'll end up? What's your end game with them?

If I was handed them right now I would take one or two to help get my novel finished. Then I would stash them somewhere incredibly safe (like bury them in five levels of waterproof containers at the family farm) and only dig them up when something dire happens in my life that needs more brain power. If I die before I use all 24, I'll bequeath them to my kids.

The hero of the movie ended up getting rich using the pills but he had significantly more than what's in your envelope.

How do you use that brain of yours and what's your plan to make those pills last as long as you want them to?

[sub][sub][sub]This was much easier to write than a Roast Post.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I'd probably decide to ration them to complete a difficult university course and get into a tough job I'd always wanted. To that end, I'd take as few as I could, then share the rest out equally among the world's top scientists so they can do their bit to extend the length and quality of people's lives. That ought to help as many people as possible and leave me feeling pretty dandy too.

How long does each pill last, for about 24 hours? Do the effects stack? Assuming I didn't have enough for that plan, I'd just bribe the leading scientists with them to convince them to genetically enhance me to the point at which I could live indefinitely.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Barbas said:
How long does each pill last, for about 24 hours? Do the effects stack?
The movie, if I'm remembering rightly, didn't explicitly say how long it lasted. I was guessing around 24 hours, maybe less.

I guess we could say 14 hours of brilliance is the standard for this just to give it that detail. And no, the effects do not stack although a mobster in the movie made it more potent by taking it intravenously.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I'd probably take the first one nearly immediately, then use it to get a real understanding of how the stock market works and help me see trends and such. Then use my newly acquired knowledge to invest sensibly. It's something I've always intended to do anyway, I just never quite figured out where to begin.

After that, I'd keep them in a container in my bedroom, tell no one about them, and pull them out when needed.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I'd pop one right away so I could beast some job applications and finally net myself the perfect job. Once I'd done that, I can't think of any pressing uses for them right now so I'd store them away somewhere until a rainy day when I might need them. Boring maybe but that's what I'd do.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
Give one to George Bush, see if it makes him smarter, one to Stephen Hawking, to see if his brain explodes from too much intelligence, one to Boris Johnson, just to see what would happen, and nom the rest all at once to see if my brain explodes. If it doesn't, I'll build a Terminator body and stick my brain in it. If it does... meh.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
I'd probably take them for really tough things that are few and far in between, like big financial investments or the odd stressful workday.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I have a funny idea.

*Hands over the supply to the leading roboticist living in Japan*

Giant robots. GO.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
FalloutJack said:
I have a funny idea.

*Hands over the supply to the leading roboticist living in Japan*

Giant robots. GO.
Finally, a defense against aliens will be available. Too bad only teenagers can pilot them due to [insert reasons] here.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Take all of them at once so I can type so fast that I'll catch up to you in post count.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Redlin5 said:
First off. . . nobody cares (and that's why I'm posting. To show how much I don't care. You should feel special, it's not often that I don't care enough to actually make a post around here, nowadays.). <3

The first one will obviously be used to plan your assassination (again, what happened with the last one, anyway? Did that ninja-trained polar bear with twin-linked machine guns on its back arrive at all? <.<). The second to score a few million or something (no, nothing criminal. With the brain power suggested I should be able to work out which lottery ticket is the jackpot, and then go buy it), enough that I can live on it for the rest of my life. Then. . . I'd probably only use them if I get a random idea that can't really be figured out normally. Like how to build a fully functional space ship capable of relativistic speeds.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Redlin5 said:
I though Para finally failed to foil my plans, and that's why he's been gone for so long. We really should send a search party for him, shouldn't we? <.<

Captcha: bonus round. What the hell, captcha? This is not the time to celebrate! Para is gone and Red is still alive!

Entourian

Aug 21, 2011
With that kind of pill there are three ways it could turn out for me.

Way number one. I would be able to see the world in beautiful, fascinating, spirals, making connections that couldn't be be traced, viewing reality as a series of base components. AS such my first choice would be to utilize the pill, to effectively cure sleep, giving me an extra eight hours a day for the rest of my life. I would patent the the recipe, and rake the money in. Following that I would use the money to build myself a workshop, and invent cold fusion, monopolizing the energy market, and effectively immortalizing myself. Finally I would use the pill to either invent full body cyberization, a la Ghost in the Shell, or find a genetic cure for aging and programmed cell failure.

The second way would begin with me taking the pill. A number of hours latter my brain would be functioning at such a level that at first i would lose my sense of taste, smell, and touch. Following that my body would begin shutting down starting with sight and sound, and ending with a full body paralysis, since the brain would be working so hard that is would effectively forget how to interact with the rest of the body. The end result of that episode would be inevitable heart, or respiratory failure. I would die witnessing a beautiful world.

The third way it would play out, could range from anything to having a low reaction to the substance, to catatonia. Since the brain could react to the substance unpredictably.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Step 1: Become Motoko Kusanagi in becoming a nearly full conversion cyborg, and share the tech for the betterment of everyone.

Step 2: Fix the gaming industry so it's not so stagnant. I'll take risks, and stuff, and try to reinvigorate it.

Step 3: Invest in keeping my future secure, and stable.

Step 4: Help out the people closest to me.

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
I know I'd use the first pill to formulate the best possible plan on how to use all the other pills. From that point on, (since I can't predict how genius-me would plan this through), I'd follow genius-me's plan.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Firstly Congrats.

As for the pills....I would do the only sane thing and drop them into my beer to cancel out the brain deadening effects.
Sadly because of the limited number I've wasted my pills....

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
That was a good movie!!

It has nothing to do with the post count but the "3-years-at-the-escapist" badge, I remember you posting that thread about 4 months before I would get mine and, and then I created my thread, around that time I remember there being a lot of those 3 years badgers so we had a lot of those thread in a span of a few months :D

That 50K is pretty impressive, nowhere near my post count though!!1!!

On the pills... one immediately and then depending on situations I guess.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Firstly I'd get a good nights sleep. Then I'd take one pill and make plans. You wouldn't want to sleep through several hours of your genius, would you?

I'd probably keep anything I invented secret until I could ensure no-one loses their job over them.

Congrats on the ridiculously huge post count.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Step 1: Use 1st pill to figure out how to become stupid fucking rich very quick, and legally.
Step 2: Use 18 of the remaining pills to enact my plan.
Step 3: Use my oodles of wealth to hire four of the best scientists in the world.
Step 4: Give each scientist a pill.
Step 5: Use scientists to make the pill work on a genetic level, therefore making the effects permanent.
Step 6: Take new super pill.
Step 7: Find incredibly hot wife.
Step 8: Have many children.
Step 9: Over many generations, create a new race of super-intelligent humans that will rule over the inferior, less intelligent pseudo-apes.