Regret Regret Regret...

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
When it comes to regrets I'm like Anonymous:

NEVER FORGIVE! NEVER REGRET! I'M RELLIK SAN! EXPECT ME... to do something incredibly stupid at some point.

As for things I'm proud of: The first gaming motherboard I researched and bought, I have it framed and hanging on my wall, seriously that thing served me well for a solid 7 years before I upgraded it.

My fine art degree, whilst mostly useless in the real world, I'm hella proud of it, I worked out, covered subjects my professors had rarely seen for essays (my personal favourites are The Use and Merit of Pop Art as Propaganda During the Cold War(or Who's the Worhol of the USSR) and Traditional Modernity: The Ancient Styles Informing Modern Artists: VS Edition (Hokusai vs Amano).

But as silly as this seems, the thing I'm most proud of is not doing the thing I normally do by this point: Fuck up my current relationship. I have a history of being like a relationship vagrant, a serial cheat and even dropping girls like a lead weight when I was bored of them... then I chose to stay single for a while, then I met the love of my life, and despite temptation dropping in my lap 100 times and more, I've never felt the urge to return to my old ways, because I love the hells out of her and 3 years into this, I know for a fact I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I don't regret those past choices of mine, I wouldn't say I'm proud of them either, I was an absolute shit of a person, but they shaped and informed me as part of who I am now as a person and I'm a much better person for those experiences.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I'm not sure I regret much anything. I'm not yet in a stage in my life where I could say "If I'd done that, everything woulda been better!" Seriously, I can't come up with anything. Most of my bad experiences in life have not come as a consequence of my actions. I can only hypothesize: if I'd never started playing video games, I'd perhaps have spent that time on something creative and useful instead. Or maybe not. I'll get back to you in 5 years.

As for proud? Plenty. I speak 3 foreign languages, can bench press 110 kg (yeah, not that much but it's something), was promoted to lance-corporal in the military, got great grades in my high school finals, I can play the piano, paint miniatures well and am in good physical health. Small things, but I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to pride, only personal pride matters.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I don't really regret anything really, as I believe that any mistakes I have made have helped me grow and develop to the person I am today. I am proud of graduating from university, and being the first in my family to get to university. I am proud of my degree (Biochemistry and chemistry) and I am proud of my career (I am currently working as a microbiologist) and the fact that I am learning different scientific disciplines. I am proud of beating the odds after most of my teachers at high school wrote me off, as I come from a council estate and I only went to the local comprehensive, but from there I worked hard and went to the University of Nottingham to do a subject I love.

I'm sorry, I have rather blown my own trumpet there haven't I?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Remus said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
Im 37. I still remember when i was 13ish and went to the careers adviser as part of my schooling (am in the UK) before i chose what subjects i wanted to chose. I really had a passion to be an architect or graphic designer. The adviser and me chatted for a while and i remember her saying that you have to be really good at those jobs due to competition. An somehow she talked me out of it, maybe it was because i was 13 and saw her as someone that new what she was talking about. I regret that i payed any attention to her bullshit opinion. This is something i will tell everyone at a young age as a caution.
I've learned that given the opportunity, career advisers will always talk people out of their dreams, like every person they come across is only fit for McDonald's or a Nike factory. When asked, I tell people to do whatever they like with their life, regardless of challenge, the market, or whatever other statistical categories advisers like to use as a deterrent.
Thing is, giving that person help to achieve their dream job makes them positive, work hard and pass exams. Ok, they may never have become an architect, but i bet they would have better exam marks that can help when changing job role. Telling a kid that they wont get their dream job can make them not work as hard at schools and exams. Then they are a failure. Atleast if you have a dream you will work hard for it - regardless of the outcome.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
only real regret I have is there was a apprenticeship offered to me back in senior year of high school to work in a steel mill I would have been making $14 an hour (as a first job) and by now owould probably be making close to 22 an hour reason I didn't go with it I didn't feel like I would get along with blue collar workers and thought it would push me away from college (which was stupid looking back seeing as I am now just getting a certification in Pharm Tech)but I try to not let it bother me too much it sucks I was stupid but past is past
Eddie the head said:
You know the first thing that comes to mind is this girl I wish I would have said something to in High School. But when I think about it I'm not sad about it so regret is not the right word. More or less I just kind of wonder what would have happened. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I never had a "thing" for her, she had a "thing" for me.

FPLOON said:
I regret nothing!
That's right LIVE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT REGRETS!!! Only a coward thinks he'll always live If it keeps himself from strife.

Well there is a reference to something I don't think most people will get.
....Amon Amarth I think?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, I regret spending two-thirds of my life trying to develop a talent at writing that I never really had. Then there's also the woman I took in out of love, only to have her rip me off for a couple thousand dollars and ruin my credit rating.

Eddie the head said:
You know the first thing that comes to mind is this girl I wish I would have said something to in High School.
I did actually meet up with my high school crush a few months after graduation, and told her. She'd never had a clue about it. Of course by that time I was over her, so nothing came of it.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Well yesterday I was caught on camera drunk wanking off a statue of a horse outside a hotel so that's what springs immediately to mind.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
As everyone else does, I regret an absolute metric fucktonne of moronic shit I did when I was younger. However my biggest regret is probably being financially retarded. Still, at that age it didn't particularly matter, and I'm really only just getting to the age where I need to be really careful with money (going to university later this year).

I am proud of my ability to stop giving a shit about things though. If I want, I can even stop giving a shit about really important things. Obviously I don't abuse this power and choose to give buckets of shit about things like my education (in a good way). I am also proud that I have managed to get this far in life happily with no more than 3 or 4 friends throughout. And I suppose I'm decent enough at graphic design to get an unconditional university offer.