Relationships and gaming

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Well -

**reads thread**

... wow. Okay then. Everything I wanted to say has been said. Repeatedly. You have your answer.

Still, I shall sum up.

A) Talk to her.
B) Offer to include her.
If she doesn't want that...
C) Offer her an equal share of time - either a 3/3 system, or 5-6 hours of gaming and 5-6 hours of something else.

It seems unfair that she is reducing your 6 hours to a mere 2. The best option, of course, being to include her (assuming that she is interested/willing).

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
She's your girlfriend, not a fucking time obligation. If she can't entertain herself for 6 hours one day a week that's her problem, not yours. If she makes it your problem, kick her to the curb.

She might be your girlfriend but she's also an independent person.

Sometimes my girlfriend wants to do her own thing and so by god I let her.

Then again I've lived with her for near 4 years now so to be honest if we tried to spend every waking minute together we'd both go insane and/or try to kill each other.

Just wondering: does she drag you shopping or insist you go? Subtle things like that need to be changed about your relationship if you want it to work out long term. I mean, unless you actually enjoy shopping with her then by all means shop to your heart's content. But if she's insisting you do things with her that you don't enjoy it's time to cut that shit out ASAP.

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
Hmm, I'd say offer her to join you and your mate on game night :) If you still want at least one night for "boy's night" then explain that to her. I game sometimes with my bf and have a great time! So yeah... try to include her in your plans and talk things out! Just talk to her, man!

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
It really depends on the girlfriend doesn't it?

Is your girlfriend simply asking for an hour a night? Because that seems like a pretty fair request.
OR is your girlfriend overtly demanding or possible the jealous type (if I can't have you no one can)?

You have to determine just how much she wants and how much YOU'RE WILLING to give to her. If her demands are above yours then you need to reassess the situation.