Relationships!

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Peaterson Is Back said:
NO SEX IS THE GREATEST THING EVAR!!!!!
Ahh! Squidward! The eyes, they peer into my soul. THE EYES!

As for the topic at hand, I would have to say that it really depends. There's the type of relationship that's shallow and meaningless, and then there is the opposite end of the spectrum.

Dec 4, 2008
I personally subscribe to the "wait till your older so you will possibly be more mature and therefore less likely to screw it all up" line of thinking on relationships. And in high school, thats kind of a difficult standard to follow.

So I wouldn't say they are overrated, I would just say wait till your older.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Not overrated as such... but some people seem to think that they have to be in a relationship or else there is something wrong with them and therefore rarely find a suitable partner and just flit from relationship to relationship.

I think the concept that people have to announce an "official" relationship is overrated though.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
No, not at all, not if you're with the right person.
What annoys me though, is that too many people seem to put up with someone who isn't right for them, I can't for the life of me understand that. Maybe these people would rather be unhappy in a relationship than being single.

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
I think the need to have the perfect relationship is over rated; the accelerated meet, run down the aisle, push out kids kind of relationship. People still do that because its what they want, but a lot of people do it because they think that's what they're supposed to do.

Some people are together for 10 years perfectly happily before they decide to get married. Some people never get married and have kids together and it's just what they wanted. Some people don't use the titles but have their own relationship that works for them even though they are free to see other people. Nothing is black and white.

Wanting to share yourself with another human being - Highly Rated
Trying to limit yourself to a tiny little structure that society prescribes - over rated.

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
Assuming it is referred to girlfriends (or boyfriends, if you're a girl or not straight)
I don't find it overrated.

However, that got something to do with who I am, all my life I've either been ignored, avoided or mocked XP Thus, I've never looked, and thought I never would, look for a girlfriend, cause what girls would ever like a guy like me, I thought.

Over the last year though, I got to know a great group of people online, most of which are girls, and are genuinely nice to me. One of them, I grew incredibly attached to, and subsequently developed feelings for her. Yesterday it was eight months since I realized it, and I haven't gotten to tell her yet, since I want to do so sometime I've actually gotten to meet her.

I think relationships might be overrated if you're one of those who can get whoever the hell you want, or you don't care either way about it. If you're like me, however, who're fine on your own, but long for something more, it's not. I feel I've never had anything to really care about, but I'm tired of being alone, and want to care for her, as much as I possibly can.. well, if she would let me do so. x)

Acid Armageddon

Feb 24, 2009
I'm one of those guys who NEEDS a relationship. I need someone to date, marry, etc. I can't stand the thought of going through life single. I deeply care about my current girlfriend of 3 and a half months and things are still going strong!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'd say no. Relationships aren't overrated. In my experience, I've never been happier than I am now, in a brilliant relationship with a brilliant person.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Nope, not overrated. I will admit that they aren't for everyone (some people really are happier by themselves, or at least without a significant other) but just the other night I kissed my new girlfriend for the first time. It was so funny when it happened (apparently, she was going to kiss me on the cheek, and I looked at her while she was and our lips met... corny, but romantic and funny at the same time), and in my opinion, it's moments like that one that make it all worth it.

As for your commit-o-phobia, have you tried talking to a significant other about it? Ironically, it might help you get past it.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
No - Relationships kickass.
Wouldn't change mine for the world and Im sure many others feel the same.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Real relationships (closeness, commitment, intimacy, and all of the rest that comes with it) are totally worth it. Flings and scoring lots is overrated.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
My Girlfriend broke up with me 2 days ago. I don't want a girl-friend right now, but it seriously doesn't help with the choice of girls that I could go out with. Half of them are total stuck up.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
I'll let you know once i get one.

But from what i've had so far i can easily say that they are not overrated, there's nothing better than to have someone to love and be loved by.

What's wrong with having someone you love to hold before you go to sleep?, sure as hell beats lying alone every night.