Relatives beat sibling's they accused of witchcraft

Matt Oliver

Mar 15, 2011
http://news.yahoo.com/relatives-accused-killing-teen-thought-witch-080508832--abc-news.html
Relatives who suspected a British teenager of practicing witchcraft beat and drowned him Christmas Day 2010 as he "begged to die" because of the pain they were inflicting, prosecutors alleged in a London court.
Kristy Bamu, a 15-year-old boy from Newham, east London, allegedly died at the hands of Eric Bikubi and his partner, Magalie Bamu, Kristy's sister. Both of them have denied the charges.
Bikubi and Bamu allegedly forced Kristy's four siblings to join in the attack.
The alleged attackers hit the teen with sticks, metal bars, a hammer and chisel, prosecutors said, and he "begged to die" because of the pain from the beating.
"It was only when he [Bikubi] realized that he [Kristy] wasn't moving that he stopped what he was doing ? by then it was too late," prosecutor Brian Altman said.
Kristy suffered more than 100 injuries.
Kristy and his siblings had arrived in London from Paris to see the East London couple for Christmas. But Kelly, Kristy's elder sister, said the trip turned sour when Eric Bikubi accused her and Kristy of practicing witchcraft and sorcery. Eric Bikubi also accused them of influencing his 3-year-old son.
"Despite her own siblings' denials that they were sorcerers, Magalie Bamu joined her boyfriend in repeating these fantastic claims and participating in the assaults," Altman alleged.
"They beat them, refusing to let them eat, drink or sleep for days while the punishments being meted out became increasingly violent, with them using many implements found in the flat as weapons of torture," Altman said.
"However, it was Kristy Bamu who became the focus of Bikubi's attention and, in a desperate attempt to prevent any further suffering, he and his two sisters were eventually to admit to being sorcerers. Wickedly, the defendants also recruited sibling against sibling as vehicles for their violence," Altman told the court.

tl;dr family came to visit from paris, siblings were accused of witchcraft and beaten for days and one sibling was killed from this torture.

My reaction was ignorance is going to kill our species. We as a whole world (Yes I am calling out the countries who ban all religions aside their own) need to GROW UP AND REALIZE WE AREN'T IN THE CRUSADES ANYMORE! ordinary people will find ways to practice their religions no matter what. I Do not condone those religious sects that teach hate instead of what their good book says.

what should happen to the family that killed the sibling? I'd say send the kids who were forced to particpate to mental health eval and therapy because being forced to do that will inflict psychological harm on any kid. the killer and his partner let the UK courts decide their fates. only once they die will they answer to whomever for their crimes.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Meh . There is nothing new under the sun . That is all i have to say on this matter . These things have always happened , are still hapening and will always happen . Welcome to real life.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I could make a Monty Python joke here but i'm not going to seeing as how a person lost their life in this event.

My main question is, what the hell maid them suspect him of witchcraft in the first place? I really don't have anything else to say about this other than how disappointed I am that something like this could happen in this day and age.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Ok, even if witchcraft was real and he, in fast, was practicing it...what the hell!?

Matt Oliver

Mar 15, 2011
bleachigo10 said:
I could make a Monty Python joke here but i'm not going to seeing as how a person lost their life in this event.

My main question is, what the hell maid them suspect him of witchcraft in the first place? I really don't have anything else to say about this other than how disappointed I am that something like this could happen in this day and age.
It's annoying in my eyes of an agnostic theorist. I believe that someone or something is up there because I know I should of died way to many times, sometimes cheating death by a mere fraction of a second. I won't attack other religions as long as they preach about peace not hate.
gigastrike said:
Ok, even if witchcraft was real and he, in fast, was practicing it...what the hell!?
exactly how I feel.
krazykidd said:
Meh . There is nothing new under the sun . That is all i have to say on this matter . These things have always happened , are still hapening and will always happen . Welcome to real life.
Shouldn't we of moved on from this by now its freaking 2012 we are still fighting about something in atleast the 16th century.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I never know what to say to these threads beyond "Yes that is a thing that happened and it is bad."

There just doesn't seem like much to talk about, unless this is representative of a growing trend or something.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Aidinthel said:
I never know what to say to these threads beyond "Yes that is a thing that happened and it is bad."

There just doesn't seem like much to talk about, unless this is representative of a growing trend or something.
Not so much a growing trend as an imported one. There was a similar story a few years back about a young boy's torso being found in the Thames - his head and limbs having been cut off as part of a shamanistic ritual. Both of these cases involve recent immigrants from Africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_(murder_victim)

Personally I think it's bad enough that these practices go on in Africa, but to bring this barbarism to the UK is outrageous. We stopped killing people for witchcraft several hundred years ago, could all new arrivals to the country kindly follow suit?

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
100 injuries? youd think after the first 10 they would start to wonder why he wasnt using magic to stop them o_O?.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Jesus. And I just learned what "3 guys 1 hammer" was. (and I know you might get curious. It's a flimed murder of... well, you guessed it. I've been told not to look it up, so I don't think I will.)

It's a mad world we live in.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
If i was a guy named 'Kristy' i'd wanna die too
ba-dum-tssh

...Sorry

Seriously though this is fucked up. More places around the world need the death sentence because keeping those scum that call themselves 'people' alive is a waste of resources.

Perhaps since they want to think it's the 1600s again, we should go with a punishment more fitting for them.
Throw them in a deep hole, close it up and forget about it.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Well, I doubt stuff like this is ever going to stop.

Still, it's nice that this is infrequent enough to be called news.

I don't exactly know the penalty for murder out in england, but I do hope justice is meted out.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
I kept looking for the part that said they where they were from some poor backward African country, where people still believe in witchcraft. But no, they're from PARIS! More fuel for the Tory xenophobes.
Some of the deceased's relatives had been living in Paris, but the family are originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16444602

I'm not making a racial point here. I would condemn these outdated, superstitious and barbaric ritual killings regardless of the race of the perpetrators. If I'm making any kind of value judgement, it's along the lines of culture. As far as I'm concerned, people who think it's OK to kill childen for witchcraft shouldn't be allowed in the UK.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Huh...not sure how to respond to this, it seems so ludicrous...I thought it was widely believed witchcraft and sorcery was merely a fairytale.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Remember kids, witchcraft, demonology, tarot cards and satanism are so bad. Soooooooooooo bad !
There's literally nothing worse than that. We should focus solely on banishing such things from our realm, so we can once again live in true Eden.

http://www.fogartyfilms.com/images/1.png

...because of magic. No doubt !

Matt Oliver said:
We as a whole world (Yes I am calling out the countries who ban all religions aside their own) need to GROW UP AND REALIZE WE AREN'T IN THE CRUSADES ANYMORE!
Exactly.
It's like XXI, we were on the Moon and still some people act like nothing changed since the dark times.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Damn. That's messed up.

At least his wish came true and there will be no more beating for him.

Matt Oliver

Mar 15, 2011
Ok to be fair I do know of a WICCAN, she's my ex... shes a bit of a nut but again this goes back to me believing in something/someone i don't know who or what, but i support her religious choice and if she or any pagan(whole religion not a sect like being catholic you're part of a sect of christianity.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Matt Oliver said:
GROW UP AND REALIZE WE AREN'T IN THE CRUSADES ANYMORE! .
You do know that the Crusades were to take back the holy land? Not to kill Witches. Those were the Witch hunts. Two seperate things.