Relaxing Game Music

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
How the fuck has no one said Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts yet?
You're fucking welcome.
There are a number of other tracks from the first 2 games that are really relaxing, too, but tracking them down is a bit of a difficulty.

Also- There is a really relaxing track from Crusader Kings 2 that I cannot fucking find anywhere and that really pisses me off. Song is relaxing as shit. Paradox released the game's full soundtrack on there youtube channel, so I'll try to browse through that and find it there.

EDIT: Found it, Horns of Hattin and Aftermath, specifically the aftermath movement beginning around the 1 and a half minute mark, song has a pretty unrelaxing opening, though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
How the fuck has no one said Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts yet?
You're fucking welcome.
There are a number of other tracks from the first 2 games that are really relaxing, too, but tracking them down is a bit of a difficulty.

Also- There is a really relaxing track from Crusader Kings 2 that I cannot fucking find anywhere and that really pisses me off. Song is relaxing as shit. Paradox released the game's full soundtrack on there youtube channel, so I'll try to browse through that and find it there.

EDIT: Found it, Horns of Hattin and Aftermath, specifically the aftermath movement beginning around the 1 and a half minute mark, song has a pretty unrelaxing opening, though.
Dearly Beloved did cross my mine, but I felt it should have been poster by a huge Kingdom Hearts fan! I've only ever played the first game. And even that was because a neighbor of mine brought it over.

Docstoj

Mar 29, 2016
I recently made this fan music video to the track "Bloodlines" by Austin Wintory from the latest Assassin's Creed game. The piano theme is just so beautiful.

Also the track City of Rome by Jesper Kyd from Assassin's Creed II, I find very relaxing. I haven't made a fan edit yet, so here it is from UBILOUD :)

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
No Pokemon music?

Awesome! Here's my favorite smoothing track from Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

Dec 10, 2012
Guys, we're over 40 comments in and no one has mentioned the galaxy map theme from Mass Effect. This thread loses. That bit of looping ingenuity never gets dull or annoying to hear, and really makes me feel like exploring uncharted worlds.

And Vigil, from ME1. It's both soothing and thrilling. It's one of the best individual tracks ever written for a game.

Oblivion has some terrific exploratory themes. Skyrim is good for that too, but it's more often exciting and thunderous. Oblivion really sets a great feeling of a unique journey.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
You know, I came in here ready to say something about Metroid Prime but that series has SO MANY tracks that could fit for this category.

I'll just stick with the first one I thought of.

Thinking about it, I thought it was relaxing, but relistening to it, it sounds a little more... sinister. I don't know, I'm not exactly the least biased source when it comes to Metroid.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
One of my favorite pieces of music ever. I usually have this playing in the background or some times will leave it playing and come home to it. It just paints this calming image in my mind of looking out over the city at night which since I was a kid has always been a calming image too me.

I like stealthy party settings. I like the idea of sculking around in a fancy setting with no one being any the wiser. I like that idea of sneaking around in a place of elegance

Whenever it's raining at night I'll put this music on

Again just another piece of music that puts that image in my head of peacefully looking out over a city at night lit up by lights.

I got nothing. This is just soothing. Maybe it's because I always think of the beautiful level itself. I don't know there is just something grand about this theme. Chalk it up to that sneaking in a place of elegance "fetish" of mine.

Now, we're about to get super mellow up in this *****.

What can I say. Moment of Calm is pretty much my favorite track from Blood Dragon. It's like taking a gigantic sigh after being through the thick of it and finally just collapsing onto the dew covered grass and looking up at the stars while you catch your breath.

This theme to me, just says beautiful pink and burning hot orange sunset. If a summer sunset could be interpreted through music this is as damn close as we are ever going to get.

A nice slow burn of 80's synth. What's not to love?

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
I have very fond memories from thousands of hours of Morrowind......and then Skyrim happened!

It helps that the Skyrim soundtrack also included a few Morrowind favourites. But this one wins the day :)