Remake This!

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
What game would you want to see reproduced (or just re-released) for any system?

I'd love to see a remake of Slave Zero, one of my favorite Dreamcast games. Sonic Adventure was re-released on the Xbox 360, which was awesome, but frankly I'm not sure if I should be worried or excited about the Halo 1 remake scheduled for Fall 2011.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
As I usually say in these threads, SMT1/2 just to make them a bit more user friendly and add a decent map system ala strange journey.

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
I deeply miss a spiritual successor to the Mechanized assault and exploration series. The idea of having a turn-based RTS was quite interesting, and I would love to have a more modern game like that.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom

Do it. Someone do it now. I don't care if it's just remade with shinier graphics, someone just remake this.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Squadron could be a great series. That or Star Fox. Flying games basically don't exist on the market these days, but I know they could.

I would kill for a new Mech Assault or Mech Warrior too. I bet you could easily sell a new Mech Warrior to todays multiplayer hungry crowd.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Policenauts. Maybe Shadow of Rome or I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. But mostly Policenauts.

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
What video game series do you want to see cashed in on for a quick buck, making no new creative leaps, only updating graphics and dumbing down the gameplay for today's average middle schoolers???

I hope we can learn to leave well enough alone and not calmer for mediocrity (like a halo 1 remake).

Considering the disappointments generated by the sequel prequel trilogy craze...I won't hold high hopes.

amadhatter

Apr 15, 2010
I have been waiting for a new Populous game for like, a decade now. No, Black & White doesn't count.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
How about those Legend of Zelda games from the Gameboy and Gameboy Colors era? It would be interesting to remake those for the DS/ 3DS.

Herbivore

Aug 10, 2009
Crimson Skies!

My favourite flight-combat game, there was a sequel, but it was xbox exclusive and the original was for PC.

I don't get why you assume that the entirety of your fanbase has moved from xbox to PC in between the games. But maybe they didn't, but I'd still love to see it remade with current-gen graphics.

VreOresKais

Feb 25, 2011
SimCity 4! I want a bug free multi core optimised version, been playing it since 2003 and been stuck at 860,000 citizens in my largest cities mainly due to the lag killing the game at that point. It just can't cope with the city growth maths at that stage.

You'd think running a game made in 2003 on a laptop that can handle Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander 1/2 fairly well (40FPS) wouldn't struggle with Sim City 4 :( badly written but awesome game.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
jhamre said:
the Halo 1 remake scheduled for Fall 2011.
Has that actually been confirmed? I only heard it was a rumour...

OT: I'd be up for remakes of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.