Remastered Gears of War Confirmed For Xbox One And PC - Update

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I swear I remember a Microsoft exec saying something about Xone being about new IP, not remasters like lame Sony or whatever the tone of it was. But this is expected. That's pretty lame that it's only the first one, my brother loves the shit out of this series and after seeing the Master Chief collection I guess they figured it would be way fucked up to do an awesome Gears 1-3 with all the maps multiplayer, now that would get me interested.

Just realized, based on sales of this we'll probably see Gears 2 and Gears 3 remastered, sold separately of course. I'd only be interested in 2 and 3, there's already a 1080p/60fps Gears 1 on PC : (

Edit: I'm realizing more and more that an overwhelming number of titles for this console generation are the same games as last time, only actually delivering on the "HD GAMING EXPERIENCE" that was touted last time.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Good, the original game still has frame issues on the 360, so boosting it (and hopefully making it stable) can only increase my affection and drool for the game.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
DrunkOnEstus said:
I swear I remember a Microsoft exec saying something about Xone being about new IP, not remasters like lame Sony or whatever the tone of it was.
But then they realised that the only games that'll run at 1080p and 60fps on their box were from last gen.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Ultimate Edition? With names like that and "Definitive Edition," I swear there's a lot of arrogance to these remasters. It's especially bad if you lose features. I'm still braced, since the leak, to find out if they removed split-screen co-op and LAN support.
DrunkOnEstus said:
Edit: I'm realizing more and more that an overwhelming number of titles for this console generation are the same games as last time, only actually delivering on the "HD GAMING EXPERIENCE" that was touted last time.
This gen is quickly becoming the "HD Remaster" generation. Which, further supports my plan to avoid buying anything until the consoles (and the few worthwhile console exclusive games) are dirt cheap.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It's only the first game? I hope they aren't expecting full retail price for it! Not that I would be getting it anyway, don't have an Xbox One, don't plan on getting one.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I'm guessing that they'll remaster GoW 2 & 3 as well. I hope it means that they'll finally get released on PC.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Doom972 said:
I'm guessing that they'll remaster GoW 2 & 3 as well. I hope it means that they'll finally get released on PC.
They won't actually need to now that Xbox One will have backwards compatibility introduced in Christmas. If they only did a Gears 1 remaster that's all they have to do.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Overall, I am interested in seeing just which other Xbox games are coming to PC. They said 100, be interesting to see which others.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
It made sense at the beginning to remake games that came out just before the Generation Jump, but Gears is a 9 year old game. There are kids at your local elementary school that are younger then Gears of War. I understand its a hit franchise, but its a hit franchise that hasn't had any concrete news of a new game in over a year and their latest game sold a million copies in five months, 1/3rd of what the original did in ten weeks.

I love Gears of War, but I also loved Halo and the Master Chief collection has shown me that these games have not aged well in comparison to other games in their genre and they're definitely not worth 60 bucks for a high polished paint job.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Hairless Mammoth said:
Ultimate Edition? With names like that and "Definitive Edition," I swear there's a lot of arrogance to these remasters. It's especially bad if you lose features. I'm still braced, since the leak, to find out if they removed split-screen co-op and LAN support.
DrunkOnEstus said:
This gen is quickly becoming the "HD Remaster" generation. Which, further supports my plan to avoid buying anything until the consoles (and the few worthwhile console exclusive games) are dirt cheap.
Well, it's more so Microsoft that is really pushing the re-releases this E3. Sony appears to be more interested in taking projects originally destined for the PS3 announced a decade ago and doing a ps4 version instead. Plus I'm interested in what kind of remake they are doing for Final Fantasy VII. Remake indicates it could be a brand new game following the story of the original, which would be pretty sweet all things considered.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
oh yeh ? really ? i mean i remember playing Gears 1 on PC......oh yeh just like Halo, Gears became 100 console. Why wud i want to get this only to find out i cant finnish the story and the game coz the 2nd and 3rd games are not coming to PC.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
They skipped 2 & 3 for the PC and now they expect people to buy the first one again?

Pax Romana

Apr 13, 2015
Are people really willing to pay full price for a Gears 1 remaster? I wouldn't be. Now if I was offered the full trilogy with all DLC and multiplayer on a single disk I think that warrants full price.

I am personally hoping for the full ME trilogy with DLC. I do feel this re-release thing is being milked, I mean do we really need God of War 3 again, and at full price? I think not.

maddawg IAJI said:
It made sense at the beginning to remake games that came out just before the Generation Jump, but Gears is a 9 year old game. There are kids at your local elementary school that are younger then Gears of War. I understand its a hit franchise, but its a hit franchise that hasn't had any concrete news of a new game in over a year and their latest game sold a million copies in five months, 1/3rd of what the original did in ten weeks.

I love Gears of War, but I also loved Halo and the Master Chief collection has shown me that these games have not aged well in comparison to other games in their genre and they're definitely not worth 60 bucks for a high polished paint job.
Also this. We forget how badly some of these games have aged. I love Final Fantasy and when I got a vita I played 6,9 and 10 again. I wish I hadn't because now I am not sure why I ever liked them so much. Sharper edges and polish is not worth the cash.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Unexpected. Means I don't have to get it for my Xbox One, then, which is certainly nice.

Let us just hope that it is a better port than the game was when it first game out on PC with GFWL.