Remedy "Bet the Farm" on Alan Wake

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Sgt. Sykes said:
I'm pretty sure AW will sell well. Casual gamers (=most sales) kinda like horror thriller games. No, really.
But are casual gamers on the 360? And no other consoles? Or even more than other consoles/PC? Seems improbable.

mbourgon

Feb 11, 2010
Byers said:
I hope they do wind up selling hot dogs, for their giant 11th hour "fuck you" to their PC fanbase.
Yup. Love them, have bought their games, but as a PC owner I wish them poorly on this.
Guess if they wind up selling hotdogs, they can go ask Uncle Bill or Uncle Steve for more money, then?

McShizzle

Jun 18, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
ColdStorage said:
Eurogamer ripped into Alan Wake, for those interested. The prediction for Edge Magazine is looking like its an average score too, but those two publications are well known for having the correct scale of average being a 5 not a 7.5 rating.

You can also count on new publications and new gaming websites to downrate a game like Alan Wake, to court controversy and get more hits.
This is normally the part where, if I had the time, I'd launch into a tirade about videogame reviews and numerical scores and all the rest of that bullshit. But I don't, so I won't. But I haven't been a regular review reader for many years; I was spoiled, I suppose, by the huge, multi-page reviews that mags like CGW used to put out and that I'd read regardless of the game question or my interest in it, just because they were so well done.

Everything comes down to numbers these days. I'd be surprised if the majority of people even really read the review. 84 percent? Four stars? 7/10? That's all people look at anymore, but it doesn't mean anything.
McShizzle:(gets all misty) Why I can remember a time when PC Gamer was a 1/2 inch thick. An that weren't all adverstising neither. Ahh those were the days. (It also cost $6 not $12)