Remedy Releases Free Alan Wake Comics, Soundtrack, and More

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Remedy Releases Free Alan Wake Comics, Soundtrack, and More

Alan Wake fans rejoice: Remedy Entertainment had a bunch of assorted materials laying around, and you can get all of it for free.

Did you like Alan Wake? If you did, you're in for a treat - Remedy Entertainment has released the Alan Wake Bonus Materials, a large collection of miscellaneous goodies, for free through Steam. The Bonus Materials are a smorgasbord of digital content, including behind the scenes documentary videos, concept art, two graphic novels, a soundtrack, and sheet music, among other extras.

The Bonus Materials also include a music video from Balance Slays the Demon, some high resolution wallpapers, printable cardboard cutout characters, and the complete Alan Wake screenplay. Followers of Remedy Entertainment may recognize this content: Remedy previously made this bundle available as part of a pay-what-you-want Humble Bundle [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124259-Alan-Wake-Gets-the-Humble-Bundle-Treatment], but many Alan Wake fans either missed this or didn't get the new content because they already owned the game. Now, however, you can get the Bonus Materials at no extra expense - assuming you do own the game. The Alan Wake Bonus Materials are available as free Steam DLC, which means you'll need the Steam version of Alan Wake to download them.

If you don't own the game but want to get your hands on it (and the Bonus Materials), now's a good time. Alan Wake is at $4.99 [http://store.steampowered.com/app/108710/].

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/268560/]

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
This is good in a way, but also bad in a way. I already own the game on Xbox 360, so I'm not going to buy it again (even reduced) on Steam just for the sake of a few extras, even though they're extras that I do want. I wonder if there's any chance Steam/Remedy would release these for free to people who already own the game on Xbox if we ask nicely/petition them to do so? It would only be fair, considering we've supported the game from a much earlier point...

Rush Syks

Jan 29, 2013
Trivun said:
This is good in a way, but also bad in a way. I already own the game on Xbox 360, so I'm not going to buy it again (even reduced) on Steam just for the sake of a few extras, even though they're extras that I do want. I wonder if there's any chance Steam/Remedy would release these for free to people who already own the game on Xbox if we ask nicely/petition them to do so? It would only be fair, considering we've supported the game from a much earlier point...
It's a bit ironic when you think about it. At first Alan Wake was announced to be THE DX10 showcase on PC but at some point it became a 360 exclusive, ignoring remedy's PC fanbase. Then they release it 2 years later on PC and now it's getting "PC-exclusive" content by the time it's 4 years old or something.

Nevertheless, I do whish that you have a chance to get it for free as well, since I always fell like every platform should be treated equally and you probably payed a lot more for it than I did.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
... I really want a sequel to Alan Wake.

Preferably starring his wife, Alice, as she has to conquer her phobia of the dark to uncover the truth of her husband's disappearance and go through hell to find him... even coping with the fact that every terrible thing she faces, HE wrote into existence, and every threat that she goes through he WROTE her going through.

That would be loads of fun.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I do enjoy some alan wake and I recently got a 360 controller for my pc so now I can mess around in free look mode.

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
Trishbot said:
... I really want a sequel to Alan Wake.

Preferably starring his wife, Alice, as she has to conquer her phobia of the dark to uncover the truth of her husband's disappearance and go through hell to find him... even coping with the fact that every terrible thing she faces, HE wrote into existence, and every threat that she goes through he WROTE her going through.

That would be loads of fun.
That is... a legitimately cool idea. I would certainly like to see this, though I doubt it will take place.

OT: As someone who is very interested in this sort of thing, I am so psyched about being able to get my hands on the screenplay. You have no idea how hard it is to find actual, complete screenplays of video games to analyse. The only other full script I've found so far has been that of the first Max Payne, so go Remedy!

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
According to the steam news feed it looks like alan wake will be on sale on day 12 for 90% off.

Also I've been going through some of the extras and I keep remembering how much I love Alan Wake.