Remember Me - Possibly good? Maybe?

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
It's a niche game i think, I've preordered it, i've never been let down by a preorder before. It is likely to be a very underrated game like Beyond Good and Evil was, cult following at best, but i think i'll like it.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Been keeping an eye on it since I saw it on the E3 stream last year. I was really excited to see it; good female protagonist, dystopian setting, puzzle elements, a good (if common) hook (betrayed and memory wiped) and it just generally caught my attention. It was probably my highlight of the E3 stream.

I like the premise, love the look of the setting and I can get along with the story, unfortunately every trailer they've put out since then has lessened my interest. It looks very...scripted. I'm going to take a stab in the dark without researching and say that it'll come out at full usual pc price and that's a lot to pay for what's shaping up to be the usual 5-8 hour one play only heavily scripted game.

I would love to be proven wrong which is why I'm keeping an eye on it, I want this game to be good but I wont be buying it till it has been out at least a week and reviewed by several people whose opinion I trust.

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
I've been wondering about this one for some time as well. I essentially have the same problems with it as the OP (with a little more worry about the writing, less about the platforming), but I really hope it turns out to be good. It would be a damn shame if everything they went through to get it published with a female player character meant nothing because the game was shit.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Zhukov said:
Does anyone know anything I don't?
I know the PIN to my debit card. Erm, I'm not sure why you ask though. :p

Anyway, Remember Me looks interesting, and I like the concept. I liked it ever since E3 last year (and I think it was you who drew my attention to it with a topic here, though I may be mixing you up with somebody else) I've put it on my wishlist already to keep an eye on it but I'll get it some time after release. For what it's worth, it strikes me a bit of a less anime-ish Oni, also with more cyberpunk thrown in.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I think it's like Dishonored, where they are going with an interesting premise that has a lot of potential, but will be let down by the smaller details and the lack of anything that stands out as amazing.

The game looks kind of fun, and I really like the setting and the idea behind it, but watching trailers and developer videos for it has done absolutely nothing to sell the game to me.

I really can't see it being anything other than the kind of game that you breeze through in 6-8 hours, and then forget about. I imagine I will get it, as it's the kind of thing that I like, but I may wait for a price drop first for the reason just given.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Forlong said:
I decided to get it just to spite publishers, because they said "you can't have a female protagonist that is in a relationship with a male character, that would be weird". Looks like it's going to be a good one, so it won't be a waste of money.
So we're encouraging that kind of behavior now?

Though, the whole reason I started looking into it was still Jim's video, so I can't blame you.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
I'm an open world nut, so I'm not sure if that is just limited because it's a work in progress, or if it's going to be 'here are the four streets you can walk, and that's it' kind of gameplay. Combat, by itself, didn't look to be a deathknell for me, and I like the idea of getting in someone's head to get advantage. Female protagonist? WOOT. bout damn time, I missed playing as Jade. (Beyond Good and Evil) Overall, though... meh? It's Capcom, which I can't think of anything they've made that I ever got too excited about.

Aug 19, 2010
I've been following this game since initial announcement. Whenever I watch the trailers "deus ex" comes to mind. Which is a good thing. This is one of those game which I really want to succeed, but i'm going to wait for the reviews to roll in.
Interesting premises don't equal instant greatness.

Daft Time

Apr 15, 2013
To put it bluntly; I think it's going to suck.

But I'm really hoping it wont. I really, really dig the visual aesthetic to the game and I really like the fact they managed to get a female protagonist in a reasonably big title. In fact; I'll likely show my support for both of these by throwing cash at it when it comes out, regardless of my own concerns or reviews. I'm really concerned if the game does not go well, it'll be yet another reasons publishers cite to deny female protagonists.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I have it pre-ordered. They had me at 'cyberpunk Paris.' After that, I would have bought the game even if it turned out to be just a re-skin of Blades of Time.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
That actually looks ok. I shall add it to my potential buyers list.
However, a curious glance at the recommended specs I had, and they seem a bit high. For one, the recommended processor is an AMD Phenom II 3Ghz quad. Since Crysis 3 recommends a 2.4Ghz quad, it seems rather excessive.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Well, it's published by Capcom, so right out of the gate I'm going to assume:
[ul][li]The writing is going to be laughable[/li]
[li]The combat is going to be awesome[/li]
[li]The world is going to be pretty neat, even if the characters inhabiting it suck[/li][/ul]

I know it's not developed by Capcom, but they've still got that sort of standard going for them even in third-party games.

Honestly, since writing in video games is rather dire all across the board and 'bad voice acting' can transcend a barrier into 'hilariously bad voice acting', I don't think those are really points against it. I can understand how the combat may not appeal to other people, but personally I think it looks pretty badass from what they've shown. I hope a demo releases or something, because I'm excited for it but wary enough that I don't think I want to drop $50-$60 on it.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
It looks cool, its just a shame there seems to be so much average looking combat in it. I think it would have been better as more of a stealth game. definitely going to wait for reviews on this one.

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
I'm being cautiously optimistic about this title. It does seem to want to try some newer ideas, but at the same time, this is being developed by a new studio and new talent, so I'm leaning more towards that it is going to be more of a cult classic type of game- flawed in parts, but (hopefully) having enough novel ideas in it to make it a worthwhile purchase. Plus, this is being published by Capcom and, say what you will about their business practices, they usually have a pretty decent track record in being able to find talent from smaller game developer studios.

But in a more ego-driven reason why I'm looking forward to playing a game where the main lead is actually a non-caucasian female as opposed to assembly-line nondescript white dude. I'm not so naive to believe Nilin (the protagonist) is going single-handedly change the gaming landscape. Still, I'm willing to invest my money if only to nudge game publishers in the tailbone and say, "Hey, see this? This looks interesting. I'm a heterosexual white dude, but I'd like to play more games where I don't necessarily have to play as another heterosexual white dude." Yeah, probably woefully naive there, still.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I like it before I saw the combat, the idea sounds tight, but the movements look a little stiff.
I will wait it out and see what people think about it.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
IGN did like a 15ish minute early impressions a while back, the guy said he got through a good chunk of the game and he said something along the lines of the combat being dull (apparently there are only 2 combos), the story was slow, and that the setting while interesting was poorly planned out. I don't think it's going to be a bad game but I think it's going to fall into a solid mediocre position (not worth the asking price).