Remember the 90's?

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Uncompetative said:
"What the hell are you staring at!"

here's a hyper-violent compilation:

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duckman
Why cant all modern cartoons be like that?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The 90s were great.
The music was still cool.
The movies were mindblowing: my favorite being Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, or maybe 12 Monkeys; definitely something by Terry Gilliam.
The Big Lebowski is right up there though.

The anime was still very cool: Cowboy Bebop is probably my favorite TV show of all time; next to b&w twilight zone.

The games have improved quite a bit since then, haven't they?

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Ahh, the rememberance of earlier days and our innocence at that time. Funny thing is the same is said from kids who grew up in the 80's, 70's, etc... Remember in 2020 kids will be looking back saying how wonderful Danny Phantom, High School Musical, Hannah Montana, etc. were.

Sure the world changes and the amount of mass-media we have now is overwhelming, but I think for the most part people will always look back to the decade(s) when they were growing up as fond times and say how newer things just aren't the same or as good. I know very few people who look back on the times of their childhood and were all "OMG it sucked growing up in the "

Nicragomi

Jul 12, 2009
wow, seriously?

No one remembers "Pirates of Dark Water"?

I loved that show, even if it only had 2 seasons.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
Pogs, Grunge, awesome cartoons, and Sega Genesis were all products of the 90s. I can honestly say the 90s kicked ass!

May 28, 2009
data_not_found said:
My favorite movie from the 90's was The Pagemaster. It was the story of a kid who was trapped in a library come to life and had to go through all the different genres to get to the exit.
:O You've watched it too! That film was frickin' awesome! And you've only just reminded me of it too! :D

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Yes. I attended most of my schooling during that decade. I began playing video games in earnest in 1991. I got online in 1997. I played my first online FPS (quake) in 1998. I saw movies that I still think are excellent (Jurassiac Park, Independence Day for example), witnessed the rise and fall of pop culture icons, and turned up my nose like a good teenager is supposed to.

In short - I grew up in the '90s so It's hard NOT to remember them.

AdhesiveTape

Aug 26, 2009
Nicragomi said:
wow, seriously?

I remember that show being So. Freaking. Awesome. I looked into it more recently, and I was shocked at how freaky the characters are! Not at all like I remember.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Nicragomi said:
wow, seriously?

AdhesiveTape said:
Nicragomi said:
wow, seriously?

I remember that show being So. Freaking. Awesome. I looked into it more recently, and I was shocked at how freaky the characters are! Not at all like I remember.
That was awesome, I almost don't remember anything about it though.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
The original Power Rangers. The Green Ranger kicked ass. And Ren & Stimpy

data_not_found

Nov 12, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
data_not_found said:
I hear so much about how the 90's were terrible from people, and I look back and I can't remember anything but awesome movies, awesome TV, and fun video games.
Of course you can't.

Look, when a movie is set in, let's say, the 80s, listen to the music - if they show a radio playing, it will only play hits.
Despite the fact that there were plenty of songs from the 80s that we don't remember now that probably got tons of playtime.

We look at right now and we can see all the shitty games and stuff.
But in ten years?
Twenty?
They'll probably only see the hits.
Christ, man, it's a nostalgia thread! It's about getting all cozy with your fond memories of the 90's, not an attempt to examine the fine (or not so fine) )workings of the human mind.

data_not_found

Nov 12, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
data_not_found said:
Christ, man, it's a nostalgia thread! It's about getting all cozy with your fond memories of the 90's, not an attempt to examine the fine (or not so fine) )workings of the human mind.
...I don't have any childhood memories.
*Men In Black flash thingy*
You had a wonderful childhood full of memories of playing in nature with friends of many different races and creeds, where everyone was happy and everything was full of joy...
and there was a purple dinosaur named after a flintstones character.
>.>
.>

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
I've reached the point where I don't get angry hearing this song anymore and now just feel old:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5dGepZM810

Same thing with Liz Phair.

Wait, did I just admit to listening to Liz Phair?
Some things have aged better than others, for example, RATM's first album still sounds amazing.

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
ha, not that this was really all that great but text based internet with a cable internet connection (i lived in rogers test market for the device)