Remembering Spore

xxobot

Jun 2, 2014
Dalisclock said:
Mistwraithe said:
I have a 10 year old son playing Spore right now and he loves it. I can see the game is probably a bit shallow for experienced gamers, potentially for adults in general, but it seems a truly great game for children.
I never really considered that and maybe that's where the game went wrong. It was marketed for older fans, especially those who had already played games like MoO, Civilization, Warcraft, etc, when instead it would be best served for a younger audience just getting into gaming. I hate to use the term "Baby's first " but in this case it seems appropriate.
I mirror this experience; I played it when I was much younger (not quite ten years old young mind you) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now that i am older I am ready to experience the refined Spore 2 I never got to play...

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Hits the nail on the head.

The space stage of Spore really had the most potential, and I like going back to that still. There's something really satisfying about planting colonies, terraforming worlds, exploring new systems, and trading spice; too bad the combat sucked complete ass and a lot of the quests weren't really cohesive.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I'd put that money down too.
C'mon Maxis, give it a go.

Good article.

Karadalis said:
http://i.imgur.com/EvLEvE7.png

Im sure spores development went something like this.
That image is so accurate.

and I did love it anyway.

Though I did wish it had some of what it promised, I enjoyed every moment with my malformed elephantcronenburgkitty of a game.