Remove a law.

Wanderer787

Mar 14, 2011
Remove the alcohol curfew. I find it stupid that in my area I can't buy a few six-packs after midnight to resupply a house party, but I could still hypothetically go out to a bar to get hammered and then drive home. Um, what?

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Remove public indecensy, now people can go al Natural.

Then I'd bring in a new law where whenever someone decides to go naked in public, they'd have to pay me royalties.

Thus beginning my reign of tyrranny.

Pierce Graham

Jun 1, 2011
I would love to see our prostitution laws abolished. Not that I've ever had sex with one, but I agree with protesters that they force people of the sex trade into dangerous situations, and hey, it's legal in Amsterdam and it works just fine there.

ghostalker.cepo

Dec 31, 2008
novixz said:
aba1 said:
novixz said:
In you'r country, state, city, village, etc. remove a law you think is stupid. Or add a law. I personally would legalize drugs. Before you think I'm some stoner or cocaine fiend or whatever I've never have nor do I plan on doing drugs. I would make people get a special license for certain narcotics and tax them. A lot. I think it would help the economy to a great extent and take down most of what street gangs and mafias get their funds from.
I can agree with this but I have to say having legal crytal meth doesn't seem like a good idea maybe somthing light like a bitta pot which is bearly illegal anyways but hard drugs I dunno thats not the kinda thing I want my kids to so simply be able to pick up educated or not that stuff is actually dangerous.
Maybe sell it in small amounts and have waiting periods before you can buy another portion? I know it seems extreme, but sometimes you just have to look at the underbelly of society to harness it's true power.
Don't legalise drugs. Decriminalise all drugs for possession (a practice adopted by Italy, Spain, Portugal, Mexico and several other countries, which led to major decreases in drug related death and crime in all thsoe countries). Drug trafficking should still be illegal, but hard drug addicts should have access to medicinal, government controlled drugs to either manage, or get them off their habit so they don't die from impure crap traffickers sell. They care about money over the lives of people they sell to.

Then legalise and tax recreational drugs like cannabis, mushrooms, LSD and ecstasy - ones with little chance of dependency or overdose. Even if the Government sells them at the prices they're sold at by dealers, it'd still be a heavy tax. I would recommend Amsterdam style coffee shops for cannabis and mushrooms, much like bars for alcohol, but have ecstasy and LSD available strictly from medical officials by prescription only.

It's a win for the recreational users, it's a win for the drug addicts, and whatever your feelings on them they don't need to be vilified by you, it won't stop it happening. It's a win for the government, and the economy, and the police can then focus on destroying the real drug problem, the criminal gangs, instead of putting stoners and addicts in overcrowded prisons.

ghostalker.cepo

Dec 31, 2008
Fetzenfisch said:
(i neither do drugs , nor do i want to waste that little time of existence that was given to me, ....)
So you would deny yourself an experience that you could have in your brief time on this planet because you do not deem it worthwhile? Pretty ironic when you consider it

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:
I would change, that in Britain, once someone has broken into your home or property it's fair game to reasonably defend yourself if they wont leave or they attack you.

Sick of hearing of people going to prison because they killed or injured a burglar who attacked them etc. It's complete crap.
This is why I love living in the Southern US. If someone kicks in the door of my apartment and steps inside, I can grab the 12 gauge shotgun by my bed and shoot them.

OT: I would add a law that declared me immune to criminal prosecution. Once that was in place, I'd ask various police departments where troublesome criminals live/operate (i.e. the ones they can't get enough evidence for, or who got off on a technicality) and take them out. I'd make my money from looting their stuff and selling or using it for myself, which I'd use on equipment or training so I could keep getting better. Eventually, I'd be a modern-day Spectre.

sharpsheppard

Sep 28, 2010
i would like to make a law against morons being able to have kids not make it so only smart people can only have them but just so kids don't get messed up by junkies, rasists, people with serious mentals illness just make it so anyone who is not fit to have a kid can not even have them. way to many people who should not being having kids having them.

RepeatAfterMe

Feb 27, 2011
*Poof*. There now is no system of driving. No roads, anything that can move can go anywhere, no more stopping on red lights, and no more waiting for vehicles to pass. Anyone goes anywhere.
Let the madness begin.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
legalize hallucinogenics and pot

gay marriage is already well on its way to becoming legal, it doesn't need my help (although i do support it)

Kroxile

Oct 14, 2010
fibchopkin said:
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
fibchopkin said:
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
Patriot Act GONE, damn I'd be so happy if it was gone.
Why? That's kind of a weird one to have a thing against.
If any police officer or anything in law enforcement remotely believes or just feels like it. They can search my house believing I am a terrorist, completely ignoring the 4th amendment. You need a search warrant to do such things.
Ahhh crumbs... you guys are right- for some strange reason I confused the soldiers and sailors act with the patriot act. Sorry- I agree, communications monitoring and illegal entry being legalized sucks- and is big brotherish.
fibchopkin said:
Ahhh yes. As both an Iraq vet and an army wife,(not to mention a paralegal) I'm pretty well versed on it... and in favor of it. Are you actually able to answer my initial question, (which was in no way meant to be offensive) or are you just going to be snarky?
Kroxile said:
fibchopkin said:
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
Patriot Act GONE, damn I'd be so happy if it was gone.
Why? That's kind of a weird one to have a thing against.
Do you even know what the Patriot Act is?

I even got all snarky myself w/ the paralegal bit, sorry... Let this be a lesson- no forum posting before my first cup of coffee...
S'cool. It happens.

I dunno why I didn't get a message telling me that I've been quoted, but I just happened to come back in here.

Ironsouled

Nov 5, 2009
CM156 said:
Any law that requires pants! FREEDOM FROM OPRESSION!

Hey, wait, I can add a law? I demand a 50 ft gold statue of me!

Really though, I'd add Castle Laws for all states.

I love all of your ideas.

If I have to be different...

Remove the law that allows the defendents family to sue the victims family over a DUI the defendent caused. ((Loophole in judicial process that is being overlooked, at least in my state))... or maybe familial liability period... It isn't teh families fault, its the felons.

Add legislation to make it legal to own cannons. So what if I want a civil war cannon >.>

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
novixz said:
brandon237 said:
novixz said:
brandon237 said:
novixz said:
Dularn said:
The law I would introduce would be a parenting licence. All individuals who want to have a child wiil need to pass a test that determines whether they are fit to raise children.

That can be a bit cruel.
You are right, not letting parents who cannot look after and pay for their children bring them into a poor world where they are likely to be given up for adoption and add to the myriad of social problems society faces would be a bit cruel now...

I agree with Dularn whole-heartedly, I live in a country plagued by illiteracy and children growing up in townships, 5 per family, dying young, getting diseases and going into drugs they get cheap on the street that are as much shoe-cleaner as plant, growing up to become criminals, homeless, poor and brining the economy down. This shit needs to stop.

Maybe you should start to "thin the herd" yourself a bit.....

OT: What kind of test would this be?
Jeez, why does everyone associate eugenics with genocide? That is like saying anyone who drives a VW Beetle is a hypocritical Aryan Supremist. There would be no murder, only a "you cannot have children, if you do, said children will be taken away by the government and you will have to pay a fine, if neither person in the couple can give evidence that a contraceptive was used and the pregnancy was a freak accident (after being denied permission to have children), then their ability to have children must be removed (vasectomy, Not castration).

People are also a lot more like pests than we like to admit, and our over-population does not make this better (and indeed our overpopulation of people who cannot look after themselves, the birth rate rises in poor countries and lowers in rich ones). In nature, fast breading, hardy, adaptive animals that change their environment quickly and violently are always seen as the worst pests, yet we are the epitome of all these traits.

The test:

Financial:
-qualifications and ability to get a job.
-current job.
-current savings and extra income.
-surety in case your job fails, you have to have someone willing to pay for the child if you can't.

Medical:
-No severe hereditary conditions that would, with a high degree of certainty, give the child a very miserable life.
-No Severe STDs that could be passed onto the child at birth or that it would likely have from conception.
-The mother must not have any complications that would make pregnancy or birth too dangerous for her or the baby.

Educational:
-Financial aspect, must be able to pay for the child's education, or at least get the child to state-funded education.
-Must pass a basic parenting and hazard test.

I think that is VERY reasonable, the test would have to be taken every time a new child was wanted (the medical bit could be especially open to sudden changes), and could be taken until passed. There would probably be a few more regulation laws to make this more viable, but that is the basic gist of what I would like to see.
The thinning the herd was a joke. A sick and twisted joke that if you take seriously could lead to you being somebody's toy in prison. Other than that, the test seems fairly valid.
Lol. No guesses on what kind of toy will be taken at this point... XP
And that's good, I am not into the whole China style of murder the second child, that is barbaric, but rather make sure that only the people who can afford the children have them, and very few families that can pay for their children have lots of them. Two-way problem solver. No death.

Captcha: skid row. You are kidding me right?!

TwilightAvalon

Mar 24, 2009
Legalize stuff like cannabis and hash its not all that harmfull
What is more anoying , a drunk person or a high person?
Its ridiculous why we may get drunk but not high.