Remove one feature from an excellent game to make it awful

Prismatic Baron

Aug 24, 2010
Ooh! I know! Take away the belief system from Black & White! So, instead of anything resembling playing a god, you just have to, I'm not sure, send armies to capture cities, or something dumb like that?

Dangit Black and White 2 was awful.

sivlin

Feb 8, 2010
Bioshock: Water.

It would probably still be playable, but something about being in a breaking down aquarium leagues under the sea really sets the mood for that game.

Any horror game: Shadows/Darkness.

Try being scared in a brightly lit room!

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Oblivion - the open world. If it were a linear game, without exploration, then it would be completely shit.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Composer said:
someones already probably said it but
hats from tf2
Really? Team Fortress 2 was a great game before they introduced hats. I miss those days. I think that introducing hats might have actually cheapened the overall experience. As Yahtzee said, it ruined completely wonderful aesthetics in the game characters.

OT: The bosses from Shadow of the Colossus.

Spekter068

Sep 4, 2009
Ulquiorra4sama said:
The shields from Legend of Zelda.

Punching from Mortal Kombat

Actually... remove the music from any game in existance and i think it would be awful.
You bring up a very good point. Even a game with a less-than-good soundtrack would be significantly worsened.
Hell, if they took the music out of Halo, I would... uh... subject the Bungie staff to very unpleasant things.

OT:
The vehicles and/or syrettes in Far Cry 2. That would be awful.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Take the Masks out of Majora's Mask. Also on the subject of Zelda, take the heart-bar out of the original NES Legend of Zelda. You still collect heart containers from bosses and the overworld but you just can't see them anymore. Ok, that may not make Zelda suck but it would increase the difficulty.

adragonofgold

Mar 18, 2010
Ratchet and Clank... Replace all the guns with a low powered, low range, blaster that cant even do a charge shot.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Either the death animations, the often passive AI, or the empty world (either add enemies or change it to be a smaller trip) from Shadow of the Colossus.
Congratulations you no longer are contemplating your actions, removing the moral ambiguity that served as the back bone of the plot, and now have just large boss fights.

Spekter068

Sep 4, 2009
sivlin said:
Bioshock: Water.

It would probably still be playable, but something about being in a breaking down aquarium leagues under the sea really sets the mood for that game.

Any horror game: Shadows/Darkness.

Try being scared in a brightly lit room!
I personally don't like Bioshock at all (and certainly not for lack of trying), but I can see why lots of people do; the visuals are fantastic, the premise is interesting, and the environment is amazingly cool. Taking away any of that would've made it unpleasant.

As for being scared in brightly lit rooms...
Are you trying to say you've never gotten scared in a classroom, political seat of power, or doctor's office? Man, you must be made of steel.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
ZombieDeadNoMore said:
Shepard from Mass Effect. WHOSE FAVORITE STORE ON THE CITADEL IS THIS!? The galaxies destruction will be inevitable.
Relax, Garrus could easily endorse stores when he's not calibrating the universe to keep it in mostly one piece.

ShiningOmega

Jun 28, 2009
1. BioShock - Ideology/Andrew Ryan.
2. Final Fantasy X - Music.
3. KoTOR 1/2 - Level Aesthetics.
4. Oblivion - NPC immersion (Original names, homes, and schedules.)
5. Fallout 3/NV - Ironic humor about nuclear apocalypse.
6. Half-Life 1/2 - G-Man.
7. Team Fortress 2 - Hats... just kidding. Balanced classes.
8. Deus Ex - Balanced progression tree.
9. Braid - Music (oh, the music...)
10. Thief 2 - Nonlinear level design.

MadHatter1993

Jul 28, 2009
everything on easy mode, with cheat codes. at first it would be fun, but slowly you'll die from it though boredom

Jzolr0708

Apr 6, 2009
L4D- 3 of the survivors. Wait until that Hunter jumps you
Dead Rising- Zombies. Welcome to Mall Simulator
Shadow of the Collosus- Agro. Have fun walking