Removed

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Two people can play Crysis: People that afford computers that run Crysis, and kids that have parents to buy it for them.

So there is a blend between normal players, much like yourself I presume, and then the asshole kids that cheat, scream, and are buttholes.

This is a mere theory though.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, too often TF2 is just that. I mean TF2 fortunately works slightly better as a tactic-lacking fps. If you really want to play seriously I suggest you find a group of people who feel the same and set up a private server. That's what my friend did for Gmod and it worked a treat.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
HUBILUB said:
Two people can play Crysis: People that afford computers that run Crysis, and kids that have parents to buy it for them.

So there is a blend between normal players, much like yourself I presume, and then the asshole kids that cheat, scream, and are buttholes.

This is a mere theory though.
Believe me, it works the other way around as well. Sadly, my PC couldn't handle the MP portion as well as the SP. And maybe the cloak ability did hit on my nerves a few time, so I aptly returned to Modern Warfare or was that CS 1.6 back then? :s

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
joethekoeller said:
The reason I'm getting so worked up about this is the fact that I don't play Crysis as I would just any other Shooter. To unleash it's full fun potential, I need to get immmersed even deeper than just the shiny graphics. I guess you could call it Shooter roleplaying: I don't just play a game, I virtually act out a fantasy. And to do this you need a bunch of people willing to play along. Taking cover, advancing as a group, retreating as panicky individuals, regrouping, discussing tactics, teamworking.
i'd love to be in that kind of a situation.. while it's not crysis i'd have liked battlefield 2 more if it was played like that... (and not throwing grenades everywhere while bunnyhopping...)

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
joethekoeller said:
Still, by now Crysis and Crysis - Wars are about equally expensive and I don't see the actual need to by Wars if you already have Crysis. I guess it's okay for the huge fans, but huge fans don't really need reviews as they buy every installment in a series anyway.
Iirc Wars was free with Crysis Warhead, so didn't really need to pay for it.

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
joethekoeller said:
dommyuk said:
joethekoeller said:
Still, by now Crysis and Crysis - Wars are about equally expensive and I don't see the actual need to by Wars if you already have Crysis. I guess it's okay for the huge fans, but huge fans don't really need reviews as they buy every installment in a series anyway.
Iirc Wars was free with Crysis Warhead, so didn't really need to pay for it.

Or you could say you paid for a bundle of the two, one half of the money for Warhead and the other half for Wars.
....touché.