Removed

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
I must say, this review is very detailed and well-written. I'm not a big fan of turn-based games, though it does seem kind of interesting. I actually might check it out. Hopefully this will help attract people to our group.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
joethekoeller said:
thatstheguy said:
I must say, this review is very detailed and well-written. I'm not a big fan of turn-based games, though it does seem kind of interesting. I actually might check it out. Hopefully this will help attract people to our group.
My calculations show that we have an outside chance of maybe 1 new member joining the group.
So much for being optimistic.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
This was an excellent review, good presentation and quality elf babes abound.

I look forward to other Niche appeal games. I just hope I spot them before the umpteenth OMGFALLOUT3 review posts pushes it down and off the list.

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
This was a pretty good review, especially for one about a game I?ve never heard of. Yet despite my unfamiliarity, the description of the gameplay was done well enough that my interest has been sufficiently piqued. I?ve yet to find a brand of turn based strategy that I hate, so perhaps I?ll have a look into this game.

You covered quite a bit of content, but I don?t feel that you criticized the game enough. You pointed out an annoyance or two in the mechanics, but I was more curious to hear about how balanced the game was. For a TBS game that seems to be built on equal parts variety, skill, and luck, there surely must be a peculiar difficulty curve? Also, you never really touched on the technical elements of the game. It?s good that you can sell a game on story and gameplay, but comments on the graphics and art style beyond including images in the hopes that they speak for themselves would also have been nice. Same goes for sound design.

Come to think of it, you never even mentioned what year it came out or for which platforms it?s available. You said the first Etherlords came out in 2001, but what about the subject of the review, Etherlords II?

Aside from the above, I thought the introduction was fantastic. However the conclusion could?ve used a bit of work. The paragraph before the ?bottom line? section sort of just peters out, while the ?bottom line? itself ends the review proper. I personally think that a final paragraph should actually read like a conclusion and end on an impact instead of just dying out, while the bottom line should be just a quick sentence summary/recommendation and not a paragraph long recap.

Anyway, great review. Good luck on your weekly ?Niche Appeal? column. Hopefully your selections aren?t so obscure that your effort goes entirely unnoticed.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Very goo dreview sir. I am hardly a fan of this kind of game, but it does sound like it would appeal to the people who like this game. Keep it up, and do you have an idea what game you plan to review next?

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
That was much better than I expected. In the SR2 vs TGF2 review of mine you heavily underestimated yourself.

It was simply great work. The effort shows. I say you snip it a little bit (Its more than 1,000 words no?) and send it in as a guest review.

I will enjoy this series of reviews as you continue it.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Etherlords II is perhaps best described as a cross between the Heroes of Might and Magic series and the trading card game Magic: The Gathering
Considering that after a little research I found out that my lousy PC actually covers the system reqs of this game, I'm sold. Thank you!