Renaming Earth, because its a boring name.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Ectoplasmicz said:
Keith.

Lets name our planet 'Keith'.
Haha, thanks, best laugh I've had all day. I agree, lets make this happen: Planet Keith.
"Tim, Tim.... terrible name, it implies a weak character, I'm going to call you Keith"

Captcha: heavens to betsy

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Logically we'd call this planet Water instead of Earth... there's a lot more of that.

But I do agree with Terra, though Terrans would refer to every animal on the planet not just humans.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, only makes sense to call it Terra if we all learn Latin.

There's no point "renaming" the Earth to a word for Earth in another language. It's already called that by people, just not so much by us.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
01-03

Numbers!

"Terra" is of course the right answer. I mean, all the other planets are named after the Roman Gods (except Artemis, but I think that needs renaming to fit... it's just trying to be different for the sake of it using the Greek name!). You see, if we standardize the names of planets in this solar system with Roman mythology, we can use Egyptian mythology for Rigel Kentarus's planets, then keep going on like that!

(Captcha: "Toodle oo" - does this mean you're finally leaving you insipid waste of code?)

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Pinkie-Pie-Party said:
Ectoplasmicz said:
Keith.

Haha, thanks, best laugh I've had all day. I agree, lets make this happen: Planet Keith.
Glad to give a laugh :)

But we need to start a petition, renaming Earth to 'Keith'.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Keoul said:
Name it Yggdrasil (tree of life)
Interpret it however you want but I just like the spelling of it and how the name rolls off the tongue.
Yggdrasil means "Ygg's {The Terrible One's} Steed."

The Terrible One is one of the epithets of Odin.

Midgard would be the Norse term for our planet, terrestrially, temporally speaking.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I'd prefer Gaia to be honest. The moon needs to be called Luna more commonly too, luna is such a pretty name.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Ectoplasmicz said:
Keith.

Love it. Simple yet effective.

We should start one of those official government website petitions to get it changed.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
Esotera said:
I think it'd have to be the full Latin, Terra Firma...it has a cool ring to it. And as a species humanity is a cool enough name that we don't need to change it, we could always be called Terrans in galactic slang.
I wouldn't mind having our race being nicknamed 'Terrans'. I'm currently wondering who came up with 'humanity' as a name, when surely it would make more sense to have some kind of derivation of 'Earth'? (Although that's quite difficult, discounting the obvious - Earthlings).

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I can gel with Terra.

Unless we get to call it Superawesomeworld. Yeah, I could go with Superawesomeworld.

I've always kind of been partial to Sol-3 too, ever since 3rd Rock really.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Planet Meatbag.

No one would invade a planet named meatbag! Well, cept maybe HK-47.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
OhJohnNo said:
Bob.

Anyone who gets my reference wins a lifetime's supply of nothing whatsoever.
You cant call a planet bob.

I was actually trying to remember the same quote.

Great film.