Report: Bethesda Working On Elder Scrolls MMO

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Yeah cause nothing spells fun time like doing a raid or pvp with 5 guys all named some variation of arrow in the knee.

SxyAlfaSheWolf

Apr 5, 2010
LOVE THE IDEA!

Honestly if it was anywhere cheeper than WoW I'd probably play it. I love Skyrim and it already had a mmo feel to me.

As long as it's not too buggy and not extremely expensive i'd totally be into it.

MistahFixIt

Mar 31, 2009
Why must every MMO be eventually compared to World of Warcraft? Okay, yeah, I get it; it's the single most popular MMO in the history of online gaming or whatever, but...

Not every other MMO must succeed or fail at being a "WoW Killer". It is entirely possible for these two games to co-habitate quite peacefully.

And in response henritje's snark, they'll probably have to take out the 'Chosen MacGuffin' plot hooks they've used in the last two games.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
I know a lot of people (including me) would love to see co-op multiplayer in Elder Scrolls games, but I doubt that a leap to MMO market would be profitable. Not many people want their Elder Scrolls experience marred by other players named "?vnčipys" jumping around in their underpants while selling gold in unintelligible languages.
Besides, way Bethesda makes games it would take them cca. 17 years to complete a playable MMO.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
If they wanted to make an MMO, I'd think they'd be better off not making it a prequel. Then again, if they plan on making additional Elder Scrolls single-player games in the future, they may be worried if they make the MMO the next logical chapter after Skyrim, how that might affect the storylines of any future single player games after it.

Saerain

Mar 24, 2009
Dango said:
Sleekit said:
PS here's my bet for the factions:
Dragons: Dovahkiin led or inspired "rebellion" (possibly including NPC Dragons)
Lions: The Cyrodiil Empire
Bird of Prey: The Aldmeri Dominion
Unfortunately, that makes no sense, as none of those existed in the Second Era.
Hm? The Aldmeri Dominion was founded in the Second Era and the Cyrodiilic Empire has been around since Reman Cyrodiil was emperor in the First Era.

salinv

Mar 17, 2010
I hope this isn't true. Like everyone else, I'd at most want a coop or some other small multiplayer feature to play with friends, but that is it. Anyways, if it went MMO, it would kill the modding, which is almost half the reason I play TES now.