Report: Crysis 2 Leaked

stiffy

Mar 23, 2010
Remember when X-men Origins: Wolverine got leaked almost a month early. 20th century sent the feds out to find out who did it! It was supposed to cripple the movie's box office.....it was a crap movie, but still did $87 million opening weekend.

I predict the same for Crysis 2. Its a franchise made to show off the awesomeness of a pc. High-end PC owners (like myself) need an OFFICIAL product to be able to brag "I can get 90+fps on Crysis: Ultra settings". A leak might be a fun temporary 'diversion' but no substitute for the real deal (already pre-ordered Nano ed.)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Epic fail, who would leak a full game so early?

Well at least Crytek can recoup some of the losses from the console versions right?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
This kind of makes me want to buy the game just to support the developer, even though I'm not into first-person shooters. I may get it if I hear it has a good single-player.

rainbowunicorns

May 18, 2009
stiffy said:
Its a franchise made to show off the awesomeness of a pc.
In case you hadn't noticed, Crysis 2 looks worse than Crysis 1 because it was developed to work on consoles. Crysis 1 and Metro 2033 will likely remain the standard benchmarks for PC performance.

dryg

Feb 8, 2009
MatthewAmirault said:
stiffy said:
In case you hadn't noticed, Crysis 2 looks worse than Crysis 1 because it was developed to work on consoles. Crysis 1 and Metro 2033 will likely remain the standard benchmarks for PC performance.
The fun thing is that Metro is also on consoles and it still kills my 480 on very high

Drake_Dercon

Sep 13, 2010
The Lost Big Boss said:
Drake_Dercon said:
Oh, fuck. This is serious. I hope it's not that late a build, or else it could become a serious problem. I, for one, plan to demo the game and possibly buy it, but no downloads.
It seems the build was of early January.
That... may be a problem.
I suppose my biggest fear is the system requirements. Time travel is really not an option for my hardware price range.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
This is what I get for being a legitimate PC consumer who pre-ordered Crysis 2 months ago. Some jerk with loose morals gets to play it over a month before I do. Super.

Crytek is probably even more pissed off about this then I am.

stiffy

Mar 23, 2010
dryg said:
MatthewAmirault said:
stiffy said:
The fun thing is that Metro is also on consoles and it still kills my 480 on very high
My hope is that the brunt of Crytek's labor went into optimizing the engine and the capability for 64b bit OS. My rig (i7 950, win7 64 bit, ati 5850, 6g ram) ran Crysis Warhead (g4 bit) more smoothly than Crysis. I was under the impression it was because the engine was streamlined for Warhead.

Metro 2033 is a unwieldy beast for sure, but not at all optimized. You can tell, when you still get similar fps on DRASTICALLY different render settings, that means they put 'everything they got' in the game with no regard for streamlined gameplay.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Security through obscurity is a terrible decision anyway. Just so we're clear on that part, as far as Crytek goes, ouch, wouldn't wish this on them. If an internal leak however stops them from making PC games, I don't see why the whole PC gaming scene has to suffer because they can't keep their devs/distributors etc. in check.

However, if source code was released, I might be curious to check it out from a technical standpoint, assuming the comments are left there, otherwise it's really worthless, since it's identical to something you that's run through a disassembler.

edit: I don't think this will hurt sales or anything much, I mean people who are going to buy it, they're going to do it either way. Assuming Crytek would have a decent PR department, I bet this could be spun into their favor. I'm predicting it won't.

nagi

Mar 20, 2009
DonTsetsi said:
Just one question. Is it the PC version?
OF course, to play a beta leak of crysis 2 on consoles, I'd guess you would need a development kit. Those do not come cheap... or at the local mall.

And I'm also worried. For this leak, I'm behind Crytek all the way!

Sexbad

Mar 31, 2010
I know what I'm going to be doing to night!

>_>

<_<

eating chicken wraps and listening to music
because I don't care enough about Crysis 2

Still, that's kind of tragic to a developer.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Yeah, I just saw it on Youtube. Weapon wheel has more options. Looks super epic.

But man, this is why we can't have good things (on PC).

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
They might as wall put the game up for Digital Download right now.
Atleast they can salavge some of the cash theyer about to lose.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Murderiser said:
Note to PC gamers: this is why no-one makes games for you anymore.
uhh what? do you need me to list all the big games coming out this year? if "no one made games anymore" for PC I wouldnt be a PC gamer, and your tone sugests that you think we are pirates and/or stupid....oh and there is Steam

as for pirates they can rot in hell

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
Appareantly the leaked beta is unstable as hell (who would have guessed), so I doubt the leak will have much of an impact.
The beta might make it possible to check out the game 45 days before release, but everyone will get the proper version regardless - one way or the other.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Supposedly the leaked copy is a Dx9 only, developer version that crashes all the time. I would imagine they will quickly come up with some way of catching out all the illegal versions quite easily.