REPORT: Depression Quest Sequel Confirmed

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
[Img_Inline width="300" height="240" Caption="Zoë in an undisclosed location talking to us about the game"]http://i.imgur.com/8R9WGhQ.png
[/Img_Inline]

In a new development, Zoë Quinn,, indie developer and focal point of one of the biggest events of gaming journalism in 2014, has confirmed a sequel earlier today for her game, Depression Quest.

"I'm going with a new direction with this game. I'm calling it Oppression Quest and I really think this is the kind of game that NEEDS to be shared with the rest of the world" said Quinn.

Here are some features confirmed to be in the game

* Selectable gender and gender pronouns, race, sexuality, etc.
* Meet up with other gaming figures like Anita Sarkeesian, Phil Fish and others
* Fight off doxxing, harassing Twitter comments and leaked nudes
* Various gaming tropes against women to be examined and critiqued
* Final boss to be the Patriarchy with a horde of angry gamers

When asked where her inspiration came from, Quinn highlighted the recent controversy that has been all over gaming and social media.

"People are losing their shit over everything. It just seems right to capitalize on that anger and antagonize them to be angrier. If people can do it online, I can do it with games."

"This project will be on Kickstarter so go and get your friends to help fund it. I know I will!" said Quinn.

Look for the game to release sometime after this s**tstorm blows over

-TACO NEWS: Isn't Critical Distance
<color=darkred>Older News: <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.859518-EDITORIAL-The-Gaming-Crusades#comment_form>The Gaming Crusades

[/color]

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
It definitely sounds unique, and most of us know Quinn will be coming from a very personal place writing it.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
The great Taco what are doing! If you touch anything about Zoe Quinn (even if it straight news) it will cause a war in the comments and you will be labeled a sexist or a sjw. are you sure you want to do this.

PsychicTaco115

Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
tf2godz said:
Snippy Dippy
A journalist must be ready to face any criticism when it comes to reporting the news

Just don't dox me, that's all I want

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
"-TACO NEWS: Isn't Critical Distance"

Oooooh, that burn.

DarkishFriend

Sep 19, 2011
I laughed while reading this, this has to be fake or a troll attempt. Seriously, a video game where you fight the patriarchy? Mastermind troll shit right there, and gaming websites everywhere are eating this shit up.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I really hope this is either a platformer or a puzzle game. A simulator could work, but I honestly think there's more potential to be had with more dynamic mechanics. I'm glad to hear she's going to kickstarter; it's probably the best place to capitalize on all of the goodwill that's been amassed thus far!

And I should add a "Nice job" getting the release date. All the other sources I checked didn't mention anything of the sort.

Also I have never played her first game, but I have high hopes for this one.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Kickstarter is so last year, I hear Patreon is the way to go these days. It just goes to show how all those big scale indie developers are out of touch with their audience and just want to cash grab. But that last boss sounds cool, even if I am put off by the rumors that the entire game will be a sidescrolling beat 'em up with 8bit pixel graphics.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm so excited about this game.

I heard that if you're not a cis straight white male, you get access to hidden levels and free stuff.

Keep that on the DL though.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
DarkishFriend said:
I laughed while reading this, this has to be fake or a troll attempt. Seriously, a video game where you fight the patriarchy? Mastermind troll shit right there, and gaming websites everywhere are eating this shit up.
Actually, you called it right on. Psychic Taco is trying to be the Onion, and he's been quite good at it so far.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Colour Scientist said:

I heard that if you're not a cis straight white male, you get access to hidden levels and free stuff.

What Taco has 'forgotten' to mention is that the other genders and orientations are actually on-disk DLC[footnote]Yep, on an online-distribution game. THE SHAME.[/footnote].

Taco has hidden this fact, just like all the other apparently reputable gaming news publications, because the industry has no journalistic integrity any more.
They all care more about their own sexy tiems than the blight of DLC on us honest, hard-done-by, critically endangered [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.859454-Poll-Gamers-no-Longer-Have-the-Right-to-Exist], gamers, so they just sweep this travesty under the carpet in exchange for many sex with the developer.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Colour Scientist said:

I thought we wanted them to know so they could whine about how overly persecuted they were by not having a game they didn't want pander directly to them? I must have got my wires crossed.

(Oh, and #notallstraightwhitecismales)

Sea Sponge

Aug 28, 2014
PsychicTaco115 said:
go and get your friends to help fund it.
It's a battle to get my friends to get a round in when we go to the pub, if I could get them to back a kistarter it would be the "you've sponged off me long enough you cheap bastards now cough up your moolah" fund.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Bolo The Great said:
25521 Commercentre Drive
Lake Forest, CA 92630

Phone: (949) 462-9300
I can't believe you didn't link it to Dick Cheney's office. Such a waste of potential.

Nanondorf

May 6, 2014
Hell yea, my favorite game ever gets a sequel!
Hah, who needs "gameplay" and "fun". Text quests is where it's all at.
I will invest all my internet interrest points into funding this game. All -1 of them.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Oppression Quest does exist, funnily enough.

http://oppressionquest.com/

For those who don't wanna play- it's a giant shot at Zoe and mocks the Depression Quest design.

PsychicTaco115

Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Gone Rampant said:
My reporting either makes things come true or I'm a prophet

Either one makes my ego boost :D