Report - Destiny 2 is Coming to PC

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
gigastar said:
Zipa said:
gigastar said:
Unless Bungie are going to release a UWP version of the game i cant see how it wouldnt have glaring performance issues that will never get addressed, which is the standard for Activision PC ports.

On that note, calling it now locked to 30fps and no FoV sliders.
UWP games are not exempt from being shitty ports, gears of war runs like shit for a lot of people, mostly those that have Nvidia GPUs.

Plus the other hurdle Microsoft have to overcome is to get people to actually use UWP, a lot of people don't like the idea because they remember GFWL.
Oh. I was under the impression that UWP was more or less an XB1 emulator with some exclusive DX12 fx added.

Sooo i guess itll just be a pure dogshit port and the only people playing it will be those with their Bungie blinders.
You don't really need an emulator for the Xbone, it is using its on custom version of Windows 10 and DirectX. It would take very little effort to port stuff between PC and XBone.

The thing people don't like about it is that its basically Microsoft trying to turn the open nature of the PC platform into their own walled garden similar to what Apple does with Macs and the app store. Valve have been concerned about it since the store appeared in Windows 8 and is one of the reasons they started to throw their weight behind making Linux a more viable option.

The icing on the cake is that is basically makes basic PC features like mods and custom keybinds not function as well as not allowing you access to the game files at all.

Epics CEO talks about it in more depth here [http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/tim-sweeney-to-microsoft-universal-windows-platform-can-should-must-and-will-die/].

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Zipa said:
gigastar said:
Zipa said:
gigastar said:
Unless Bungie are going to release a UWP version of the game i cant see how it wouldnt have glaring performance issues that will never get addressed, which is the standard for Activision PC ports.

On that note, calling it now locked to 30fps and no FoV sliders.
UWP games are not exempt from being shitty ports, gears of war runs like shit for a lot of people, mostly those that have Nvidia GPUs.

Plus the other hurdle Microsoft have to overcome is to get people to actually use UWP, a lot of people don't like the idea because they remember GFWL.
Oh. I was under the impression that UWP was more or less an XB1 emulator with some exclusive DX12 fx added.

Sooo i guess itll just be a pure dogshit port and the only people playing it will be those with their Bungie blinders.
You don't really need an emulator for the Xbone, it is using its on custom version of Windows 10 and DirectX. It would take very little effort to port stuff between PC and XBone.

The thing people don't like about it is that its basically Microsoft trying to turn the open nature of the PC platform into their own walled garden similar to what Apple does with Macs and the app store. Valve have been concerned about it since the store appeared in Windows 8 and is one of the reasons they started to throw their weight behind making Linux a more viable option.

The icing on the cake is that is basically makes basic PC features like mods and custom keybinds not function as well as not allowing you access to the game files at all.

Epics CEO talks about it in more depth here [http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/tim-sweeney-to-microsoft-universal-windows-platform-can-should-must-and-will-die/].
Im aware of all of that, which i why i said 'more or less an XB1 emulator'.

Turns PC to console, no mods, no keybinds, and still not hackproof.

Its literally everything bad about console gaming that drove us PC players to put up with our own list of shit to get away from... except it still has PC problems, like shit performance on certain hardware.