Report: GTA V Coming to PC in Q1, 2014

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Strazdas said:
I expected it Q1 2014 anyway, so this is nothing new really. its around the time im getting a new PC that coudl run it anyway, so good timing?

Mcoffey said:
Irridium said:
Not disagreeing with you at all, but they did fix it eventually. Plus the Iron Man mod made it all worth it in the end.
Im usually a very patient person who sticks to the game even if its completely broken (stalker: clear sky, Total overdose, ect), but GTA 4 i didnt evne finnish (and i live GTA franchise), so i didnt get to see thier "Fix". not to mention how rockstar social club made me need to fix my registries afterward (though MS is kinda at fault there by using same registry key for multiple functions, and i see that a lot. want larger start menu? got to take other shit as well since same registry key activate both). and the atrociuos games for windows live, that kept bugging me after i didnt evne had a single game for them.
the thing wasnt even cracked properly so you had to deal with this crap even after applying no-cd cracks. (cracking your legally bought copy is completely legal).
In the end I guess it all comes down to what you're willing to deal with. GTA IV definitely had some of the worst combos of obstructive and intrusive DRM I'd ever seen. Can't defend it, and I can't blame you for not wanting to put up with it one bit. But if you do manage to get through it, there are good times to be had. I spent two hours just flying around once, it's that much fun. And at 60 FPS (Which was admittedly rare, especially at higher speeds), with everything turned up, it's god damned gorgeous.

But like I said, I absolutely get not wanting to deal with the Gwfl/securom/social club trifecta of bullshit, and if it had been any other game (GTA IV being in my top 3 favorites of all time) I'd have said "fuck it" too.
I hate DRM. I hate DRM so much that i actually would crack my legally bought games to avoid steam DRM. But it wasnt DRM that made me quit GTA 4 (well ok partly DRM since GFWL have deleted my progress half way through, but i didnt gave up yet then).
BUt the game itself was just... awfully powerted. it may have suppsoed to be better, but the way it was it was awful to play, and for somoen who loves gta series and considers modenr open world titles his favourite genre besides strategy games, i just couldnt get to like it. everything from awful graphics (seriuosly, ive seen graphics in, back then, 2 year old games, that were better and required way less resources) to the car driving mechanic that was unworkable. the game was a perfect example of terrible port and the only port i found to be worse was Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions, that one woudl actually tell you to press your X key on Xbox controller while you were playing with keyboard. its tutorial was a screenshot of xbox controller with comments. i kid you not. you had to press keys randomly to find out what does what and you could not set them to different keys.
though granted i did play with half of the population due to requirement constraints thanks to bad porting so i did not experience "The very full city".

That being said i forgot to ask you about your iron man comment, what is that and where can i see it?

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Strazdas said:
Yeah, Lost Planet was a big bag of dicks. And I cannot disagree; GTA IV was a terrible port and it has no reason for the specs to be as high as they were. I still love the game, but I definitely loved it more when I played it on the Xbox.

And this is the "Iron Man IV" Mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1iMt_lAYwE

You can get it here: http://www.gta4-mods.com/player/iron-man-iv-v12-f21925

It's a bit trickier than I expected to set up, but it's so worth it. If they do make GTA V for PC, I hope this mod can be transferred over somehow. When you move that fast, you see how small Liberty City is.
It looks pretty mice but doesnt look as fluid as one woudl epect. i guess GTA4 engine is the limited here with its animations. still, nice mod and immorality to boot.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Strazdas said:
Mcoffey said:
Strazdas said:
Yeah, Lost Planet was a big bag of dicks. And I cannot disagree; GTA IV was a terrible port and it has no reason for the specs to be as high as they were. I still love the game, but I definitely loved it more when I played it on the Xbox.

And this is the "Iron Man IV" Mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1iMt_lAYwE

You can get it here: http://www.gta4-mods.com/player/iron-man-iv-v12-f21925

It's a bit trickier than I expected to set up, but it's so worth it. If they do make GTA V for PC, I hope this mod can be transferred over somehow. When you move that fast, you see how small Liberty City is.
It looks pretty mice but doesnt look as fluid as one woudl epect. i guess GTA4 engine is the limited here with its animations. still, nice mod and immorality to boot.
You make some concessions for a free mod developed by a few people in their spare time. I didn't think something like that was even possible, let alone as fun as it is.
Dont get me wrong im not saying its bad or anything, merely not what i expected. And i think most rigidity here is caused by GTA4 mechanics and not the modders themselves anyway.