Report: Jason Momoa is Aquaman, Will Appear in Dawn of Justice

Madkipz

Apr 25, 2009
SonOfVoorhees said:
So now we have another hero in Dawn. Seriously how will this work? Avengers worked because we knew all the characters in advance. In Dawn, they are all going to be strangers. Are they going to rush through everyones history with how they became the hero they are now? Other than Batman and Superman its Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aqua Man, Flash and Lex. Have i missed anyone?

Its like they are throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.
They are doing an amazing spiderman. ;D

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I guess "Superman v Batman" refers to their battle over what little screentime is left after dividing it up amongst all the other characters. These guys really have no idea what they're doing. There's no way Avengers would've been as successful if it would have been made straight after Iron Man.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
If Dawn of Justice manages to get above 40% on Rotten Tomato, I will be genuinely surprised.

WB are trying to do too much too fast, and when it fails they'll do what they always do; What 6 months then do a gritty reboot.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Oh, for fuck's sake.

Don't think this is a swipe at Jason Momoa. I honestly don't know the actor that well and I hope he does a good job. But these extra add-ons to an already bloated movie is getting ridiculous. Even if they are just cameos, DC/WB are putting way too many eggs in one basket with Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (a title that is still clunky as hell, btw). They don't need to pile on more in the vain hope that this movie will succeed just by adding in more.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
The Entourage joke you are about to make is uncalled for and not funny. Much like Entourage.
I was gonna make a Stargate Atlantis joke thank you very much! Because he totally ruled in that show!

Aquaman can be really cool from what I've read about him so I hope they don't screw it up.
But man is this movie getting crowded with no build up.
I guess they can get away with it a little what with more of them being generally more well known.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
balladbird said:
Huh, I guess casting Khal Drogo as your aquaman is a good way to dispel the common conception that he's a pansy.
They were beaten to the punch on that by Injustice: Gods Among Us Aquaman :)

OT: Alright, let's see what he can do. He looks good for the part and I don't doubt his acting skills (though his brief time in GoT is all I have to go on and it doesn't show too much of him). I just wish I could say the same about the movie script after Man of Steel.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
With all the cameos they've got going they might as well call this the Justice League movie and be done with it.

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
Oh this is great news. I was just thinking how much I hated that thing the Marvel movies did. You know, that thing where they introduced the majority of the Avengers in their own movies so we could get a sense of them as individuals and drum up further excitement and possibilities rather than just cramming them all into one movie from the get go. *face palms*

DC, I know you feel you need to copy Marvel's success but could you at least try to copy the things that worked?

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Porygon-2000 said:
It'd be cool if he were to channel John DiMaggio and be all "OUTRAGEOUS, OLD CHUM!!"

Alas, methinks this will not be the case.
If they actually made a big-budget live-action version of The Brave and the Bold, I think we can all agree that it would be the pinnacle of the superhero movie. I'm honestly not sure how you'd top that.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Ok the "Dawn of Justice" title may be making more sense now (why I didn't see it before I don't know) but I'm still not sold on this. I think I'll err on the side of caution and not get excited for anything DC puts out until we've more consistent titles from them.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Fingers crossed that they announce The Wonder Twins soon!

HitFix's report further confirms earlier rumors that the character's rationale for appearing in the film is related to being angered by damage done to the Indian Ocean during the climax of Man of Steel.
I'm curious about the "rationale" there because, unless Atlantis is isolated as fark from the rest of the world, Aquaman should know that the damage done was the result of Zod and his forces. All of whom had been dealt with. Also, "the damage done" is a drop in the ocean (pun intended) compared to what would have happened had Superman not stopped the world engine. There would have been no Indian Ocean, or Atlanteans.

So, the damage wasn't the direct fault of anyone on Earth. The perpetrators have been dealt with, and the threat removed. So let's see if Aquaman comes across as a tyrannical douche demanding restitution, when there is none to be had.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
geez, way to over stuff your movie, cool casting though. I'm sure he'll do a decent job... If the script is any good.

Aug 19, 2010
What.

Just what.

Sorry, but somehow I can't picture the guy who played Ronon Dax, legendary runner and slayer of countless wraith, as freacking aquaman.

I'm just not seeing it.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Pohaturon said:
What.

Just what.

Sorry, but somehow I can't picture the guy who played Ronon Dax, legendary runner and slayer of countless wraith, as freacking aquaman.

I'm just not seeing it.
Go review his time on baywatch [https://www.google.ca/search?q=jason+momoa+baywatch&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&gfe_rd=cr&hl=en&sa=X&as_q=&nfpr=&spell=1&ei=oZycU4jMG8eUyAT2roD4DA&ved=0CBAQvwU] and try again.

Aug 19, 2010
Jadak said:
Pohaturon said:
What.

Just what.

I'm just not seeing it.
Go review his time on baywatch [https://www.google.ca/search?q=jason+momoa+baywatch&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&gfe_rd=cr&hl=en&sa=X&as_q=&nfpr=&spell=1&ei=oZycU4jMG8eUyAT2roD4DA&ved=0CBAQvwU] and try again.
>.>

Well. After only seeing him in SG:A and GoT, that is very, very quaint.
Him with short hair makes me uncomfortable.

And yet, still not aquaman. If he commands Cthulhu instead of dolphins, I can see it work, but, eh.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
balladbird said:
Huh, I guess casting Khal Drogo as your aquaman is a good way to dispel the common conception that he's a pansy.
Aquaman was never a pansy. He was outrageous.

Well, Conan wasn't bad and I can't say he was good or bad in Game of Thrones for how little we see him on screen, but let's hope he can pull of at least a decent performance.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
This is actually some pretty good news for DC/WB's future plans. This guy should play a kick-ass Aquaman. That being said, shoehorning another not-yet-introduced character into the franchise could be rather messy. I'm betting it's going to be an ending cameo to help set up the Superfriends Justice League.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Hold up! I'm really curious has to how this story is going to unfold. All of these cameos were just sitting around doing what during the events of Man Of Steel? The entire planet, and all life with it, was on the brink of destruction by the world engine. All of these heroes were just sitting around watching as that was going on, and only after the threat had passed did they decide to come out of the wood work? Apparently all at once?