Report: Lionhead Had "Multiple Buyers" Interested in The Company

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
I really do not care at all about Fable and what they do with it. But if someone out there was able to make another Black & White, I'd be over the moon.

It's one of my all time favorite games, at least the first one, but seem to be very hard to get hold of these days. It's a shame, as lately I've been really wanting to play through it again, but it does not seem to be sold anywhere or otherwise obtainable. Thinking the only option at this point is through Ebay or something.

You would think a new Black & White game would be great right now, as it would be absolutly perfect for VR. Imagine sitting there, taking care of your villagers with a steady and kind hand, only to sacrifice their children to fuel your miracles. When tired of all that, you could just take a moment with your pet and admire your world.
One can only dream..

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
If only there was some system in place where if IP went unused for a set amount of time, it would revert to its original owner.
I thought of that but the problem is, there's nothing stopping companies from just making a crappy little mobile game nobody cares about off the IP just so they can say, "We do stuff with it."

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Clive Howlitzer said:
If only there was some system in place where if IP went unused for a set amount of time, it would revert to its original owner.
In an even remotely sane world, IPs would become public domain within 10 years after creation tops, whether it's used or not. However, we don't live in a sane world, we live in one where companies use things like IP law to hide behind and justify their inability to do anything worthwhile or worse do nothing.
Arnoxthe1 said:
I thought of that but the problem is, there's nothing stopping companies from just making a crappy little mobile game nobody cares about off the IP just so they can say, "We do stuff with it."
At least they'd actually be DOING something with the IP then, and maybe, just maybe even if it's one in a thousand games there would be a diamond in the rough somewhere. As it is they just sit on the IP forever while it restricts what everybody else can make so they can IP troll anybody that makes anything even remotely related.

The real reason Microsoft is keeping Fable is so they can make money suing other companies for supposedly infringing on their IP and keeping themselves from looking bad by keeping anyone else from being able to outdo what they did before. It's a shame really, until Fable Legends came along each game was actually better than the previous in almost every way.