Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Silentpony said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Silentpony said:
Screw game footage and release dates, I wanna know how much micro payments and DLC EA has put in it.
Mark my words, this'll be a mix of COD:Ghosts and Dungeon Keeper mobile.
DLC? At least five or six DLC packs full of maps, weapons, and skins. Microtransactions? I don't know, but probably paid unlocks.
I'm banking on something like the ME3 multiplayer, with consumables that gives you one-match boosts. Extra armor, more ammo, bonus abilities, cooldown time reduction, shit like that.
And of course different lightsaber hilts and colors will be sold separately.

Captcha: End of story. See, this guy gets it.

I just read an article that Battlefront won't have space combat- right now.

So we can add space battles to the list of things we're gonna have to pay for.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
dangoball said:
Yay! I can't wai-

Bob_McMillan said:
to not include a third person mode.
Wut? No 3rd person? I haven't been following the news at all so I have no idea what's going to be in the game and what's not. Is that a fact? Please tell me that's not a fact.
Not a fact no, but a highly supported guess. DICE has never made a non-FPS game before. In all the interviews and articles I have read, the call both the new game and the old Battlefronts FPS games, even though third person was default. A DICE dev even said that Battlefront will be a "revolutionary FPS".They claim there will be "third person elements", though that could easily be just a third person mode for vehicles, or similar to what they have in Destiny, or just for the Heroes and Villains.

Here's hoping though, I love seeing sexy stormtrooper armor in 3rd person.
From the official website: "Seamlessly swap between 1st person and 3rd person perspectives."
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront?buy_platform=ps4&utm_campaign=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-yt-celebration-full-anno-vid-site-ramp&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&sourceid=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-yt-celebration-full-anno-vid-site-ramp&cid=37628&ts=1429292182933#five-reasons-to-play

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
P-89 Scorpion said:
Syndicate and X-com were reboot's not numbered sequels with one successful and one a failure.

Meanwhile Thief while only in the barest sense was a sequel it bombed, while game sales are harder to find look at film sequels and you see that less than 4 years is the sweet spot for increasing profit from a sequel.
That they weren't numbered sequels is immaterial; they both relied on name recognition. And they both flopped. Do note that I distinctly referred to them as "PPS versions"; Xcom: Enemy Unknown was a strategy game, and thus clearly not what I was referring to.

And while four years may indeed be the best amount of time to have between sequels, that's a far cry from "Sequels only get good sales off of there name within 4 years on average after all"; if the value of a name (which is the critical thing; were it otherwise, XIII would've sold better) can't be separated from every other aspect of a game (and you've given no indication other than saying "it is so", or even explanation of that, as to how it can), then it's absolute value is functionally meaningless in the context of game sales. Have you any proof?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
NLS said:
Bob_McMillan said:
dangoball said:
Yay! I can't wai-

Bob_McMillan said:
Wut? No 3rd person? I haven't been following the news at all so I have no idea what's going to be in the game and what's not. Is that a fact? Please tell me that's not a fact.
Not a fact no, but a highly supported guess. DICE has never made a non-FPS game before. In all the interviews and articles I have read, the call both the new game and the old Battlefronts FPS games, even though third person was default. A DICE dev even said that Battlefront will be a "revolutionary FPS".They claim there will be "third person elements", though that could easily be just a third person mode for vehicles, or similar to what they have in Destiny, or just for the Heroes and Villains.

From the official website: "Seamlessly swap between 1st person and 3rd person perspectives."
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront?buy_platform=ps4&utm_campaign=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-yt-celebration-full-anno-vid-site-ramp&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&sourceid=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-yt-celebration-full-anno-vid-site-ramp&cid=37628&ts=1429292182933#five-reasons-to-play
1 down, many more to go...xD

But seriously, that is great news, gives me hope the game will be class based.

Also...

Dat Artwork O.O

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Do we have any game play footage at all yet? Because that worries me if we don't.
Turns out we do have footage of Star Wars Battlefront
Har har har! Good one. There's always someone in every thread who will do something like this XD

Sep 14, 2009
NLS said:
Bob_McMillan said:
dangoball said:
Yay! I can't wai-

Bob_McMillan said:

thank you for that link, however, "seamlessly swap", I could easily see them meaning "fps combat, but when you hop into vehicles, 3rd person!"

fuck that noise

Pockydon

Feb 26, 2012
P-89 Scorpion said:
Aerosteam said:
They're actually calling it "Battlefront"? As in, not "Battlefront 3"?

I swear to Christ the game industry sucks at naming anything nowadays.
Because Battlefront 2 came out 10 years ago and to anyone under 20 that name is irrelevant.

This way they get the older audience who do remember and the younger audience who think it's a new game.

Sequels only get good sales off of there name within 4 years on average after all.
Nonsense. I'm under the age of 20 by quite a few years, and Battlefront 2 was one of my favourite games. The fact that they're giving the new Battlefront exactly the same name as the first one is just plain stupid as far as I'm concerned.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Does look very very cool. Always makes me wish for a 40k themed game of this style.
Think my 560Ti is going to need to be replaced. Plays BF4 just fine everything on high.