Report: Steam Summer Sale Starting Next Week

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
Josh123914 said:
Hmm, on the one hand I could vote in the EU referendum... but I might miss out on a flash deal...

Gonna go buy some Steam Wallet vouchers tomorrow.
Do both, fill up the ol' Steam wallet and just use the Steam app on your Smartphone. Decide the fate of the EU and get fantastic deals on games; democracy and capitalism go hand in hand after all :p
Watch I'll be holed up in a voting station for 20 minutes because a purchase refuses to go through on my shite internet connection.

NickBrahz

Mar 30, 2011
Spacewolf said:
Do they even do flash sales any more I thought they got rid of that when they introduced the refund policy?
They changed it so that instead of the % off a game fluctuating between daily deals, flash sales etc making people miss them and constantly checkm, It is now a flat % off the whole sale, so if it is 66% off at the start of the sale it isn't going to then become 75% or 90% off a few hours/days later.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Josh123914 said:
Hmm, on the one hand I could vote in the EU referendum... but I might miss out on a flash deal...

Flash sales are no longer a thing. They stopped doing them because... well, pretty much for the reason you gave.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Wait a minute- if Paypal is releasing this information, it presumably means that it's not going to damage their relationship with Valve, which means Valve is comfortable with them doing it- so why are we not hearing this from Valve?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
At first i read "Bioware: the wallet-stalking" and thought WTF. But yeah, anyone following the rumors knew this already, its been leaked two weeks ago. Not that it really matters anymore now that there are no flash sales so you go in, buy what your going to buy and forget about the sale.

Spacewolf said:
Do they even do flash sales any more I thought they got rid of that when they introduced the refund policy?
No.

Josh123914 said:

You can vote in peace, there wont be any flash deals.

Bobular said:
Kid: Santa, who's that?

Parent: That was a fat man that kids used to believe gave them presents in the olden days, back before the coming of GabeN and the Summer Sale replaced Christmas as the time all children look forward to.
Santa was a pseudonym Gabe Newell used before he opened an official company.

Recusant said:
Wait a minute- if Paypal is releasing this information, it presumably means that it's not going to damage their relationship with Valve, which means Valve is comfortable with them doing it- so why are we not hearing this from Valve?
Valve continues being famously bad at communication i guess?