Resident Evil 4 (REmake)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
This will be possibly Capcom’s biggest release in the series considering how well-regarded the original is, by both fans and critics alike. Let’s keep track of its development here.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
This will be possibly Capcom’s biggest release in the series considering how well-regarded the original is, by both fans and critics alike. Let’s keep track of its development here.

Maybe it's just my age, but in that thumbnail... I honestly think the original on the left looks better than the remake on the right. Obviously not better in terms of resolution or assets. But more in the sense of the image on the left is iconically and identifiably Resident Evil 4. And the right... a game where some lady brought a gun to a Grim Dawn clone?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just find it funny Resident Evil 4 has been remade three times now. Evil Within, REVIII, and now the actual RE4 Remake.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe it's just my age, but in that thumbnail... I honestly think the original on the left looks better than the remake on the right. Obviously not better in terms of resolution or assets. But more in the sense of the image on the left is iconically and identifiably Resident Evil 4. And the right... a game where some lady brought a gun to a Grim Dawn clone?
Why they give Leon the "Let me speak to your manager" haircut?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I did almost write "who gave Karen a gun and put them in Grim Dawn zoomed in way too close?" But settled on the shorter statement instead.
It's not a "Karen" haircut, nor a Justin Bieber haircut. If anything for the latter, it should be called the Leon Kennedy haircut. Because Leon was rocking that good shit before Bieber was even born.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I still say the only thing a Resident Evil 4 remake needed to do was upgrade the controls to a modern dual stick scheme. The rest of the game is still great, but I refuse to apologize for being trained by almost every single game since that left stick moves the character and right stick moves the camera.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Yeah, gonna be that guy, I just don't see the point of this remake. It looks like RE4 with slightly shinier, slightly more fluid gameplay, and a slightly more menacing tone. All that for $120 AUD (or $85 if my PC can run it via Steam). Doesn't help that RE4 is my favourite RE game, and in my top ten of all time. :(

I suppose you could say that Marvin's death cut deep.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, gonna be that guy, I just don't see the point of this remake. It looks like RE4 with slightly shinier, slightly more fluid gameplay, and a slightly more menacing tone. All that for $120 AUD (or $85 if my PC can run it via Steam). Doesn't help that RE4 is my favourite RE game, and in my top ten of all time. :(

I suppose you could say that Marvin's death cut deep.

I feel bad for you Aussies having to pay exorbitant prices like that for games, especially in a digital fucking marketplace like Steam. Are your Steam sales basically just regular price then too?