Resident Evil 5 Demo Discussion Topic

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
I find this thread funny many people say that the controls are bad (Which I suspect they are given Kanada514's description and the knowledge that most people posting are probably more accurate at aiming with their right thumb.) but people look at me sideways when I point out how terrible southpaw controls are in most games. (Not necessarily anyone in this particular thread.)

I have to wonder if some of you would have an easier time if you got the eventual PC version, which I am willing to bet will have fully customizable controls.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
saw a video of it and saw a snail move faster. wasn't intrested in it in the first place just wanted to see what the hype was about

ianuam

Aug 28, 2008
It's fun, but it doesn't feel like resident evil anymore. It's an actioner, not survival horror. Sure it's a bit scary having lots of people trying to kill you, but you can get that from a simple game of deathmatch css or a mindless shooter.

The environment isn't.. haunting. The mansion of resi 1 or the train and mansion of resi 0 had a menace to them, like something out of victorian gothic/poe.

That being said, it was a fun experience playing with a friend and I'll most likely buy it.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
mattttherman3 said:
I downloaded it, played it, hated it, I'm sorry but this game isn't for me, what did it was you can't move while shooting, melee does little(your punch does better than the knife), and using both trigers to fire a wepon is bullshit, any game with guns should have hip fire and this one does not.
Woah, so all 3rd person shooters are full of bullshit.
And why the fuck didn't I hear so much about the "boohoo-I-can't-move" whining when RE4 was released?

I personally loved it.
EDIT: Okay, maybe it could be identical to Gears of War, but nonetheless, I played this on co-op with my brother, and I thought the game was fun as hell, although pretty hard.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
So yeah, maybe you like moving while you shoot, but then, RE is based on regional damage targeting (you can't have that mechanic and have the guy run around while he shoots) and second, you probably prefer FPS's to Survival horror.
Also, of 10 games that come out, 9 are FPS, so I'd really appreciate if the last game that isn't a FPS wasn't asked to be one.
This is a stupid argument because it implies that Survival horror cannot exist unless your movement is restricted. Region damage is also possible in a game where you can adequately control where you are while firing because all you need to do is make player accuracy next to non-existent while they move or make them move very slowly while still negatively affecting accuracy.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I just find it hard to believe that a highly skilled agent can't walk and aim a gun at the same time. It pretty much kills the immersion.

Landshark

Mar 5, 2004
My biggest pet peeve (which has already been beat to death here) is the no walking with weapon.

However, I don't mind having to be stationary with my gun out, but it's not being able to move with a melee weapon that really irritates me.

For one thing, the zombies are able to walk towards you wielding all kinds of things from wrenchs to knifes, etc....but I'm not able to walk towards them with my knife?

This also makes it a pain in the ass to actually USE the melee weapon, because they just take a step away from me and suddenly they are out of range. So I have to put my melee weapon away, take a step towards them...just to have them either whack me with their melee weapon (which they've been walking around with no problem) or for them to take another step away. It's truly ridiculous.

ThePlasmatizer

Sep 2, 2008
CountFenring said:
Really fun, the controls are a bit odd though, great co-op fun.
This was my experience with the demo. I got used to the controls, and found it's lots of fun in co-op with a friend.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Frankly, it's RE4, but with a 5 instead of a 4, which was a good thing for me...

I loved RE4 because it was intense and RE5 was just that...

You aren't supposed to be able to run and gun. You couldn't in RE4 and it only added to the tension you felt when you were being swarmed. You had to choose where you were gonna shoot unless you liked getting gang banged by zombies.

I don't see why everyone is complaining about that. It sounds like they are just comparing RE5 to other games on the 360...which RE5 is not.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
People are complaining because it is a retarded restriction and has been long before RE4 came out. There is in fact a right way to implement free movement and shooting while disallowing run and gun. COD comes close to this. But when you consider the use of pistols, putting bullets into enemies while moving while not really accurate is hardly an impossible feat.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
This series was fucked the second capcom tried to make it an action game.
Edit: Also is this demo available for people with silver memberships yet? I know that my previous statement implies that i might of played the demo but i haven't and am actually going off of my experience with RE4. I still want to have faith in the series so i must play it.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Jester Lord said:
Edit: Also is this demo available for people with silver memberships yet? I know that my previous statement implies that i might of played the demo but i haven't and am actually going off of my experience with RE4. I still want to have faith in the series so i must play it.
No its not but if you make a new account you can get one month free.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
shadow skill said:
Jester Lord said:
No its not but if you make a new account you can get one month free.
Thanks.