Resident Evil 5 is More Popular Than The Beatles

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Malygris said:
Resident Evil 4 is More Popular Than The Beatles
Thar I fixed it for uuuuuuu.
LOL

But really I hate RE5 its taking the series backwards more so than most modern designs...

Peach_hat

Jan 7, 2009
A new game in Australia is $100. $120 on PS3 and a movie ticket is $10.

I'm sure it isn't too different in the UK so the grossing thing isn't such a big deal.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
quiet empire said:
I find RE5 to be extremely overrated, especially considering RE4 totally killed survival horror, the genre the original RE first created. And RE5 = RE4 unashamedly. The ads for it are all 'Chris Redfield is about to face his worst nightmare' when a more accurate description would be 'RESIDENT EVIL 5; just another generic action game'.
Yeah, exactly this. Also, "hundreds of hours of entertainment"? It's a pretty good game but I don't think I'll be playing it much anymore three months from now. It's not that amazing, guys.

Negativ Solution

Jun 26, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks the beatles sucked and were overrated tripe, same with jesus and that whole "god" thing.

Give me a Resi game any day, even that one with zombie elephants!

Ronwue

Oct 22, 2008
How could anyone be surprised by this? Something new will always be more popular than something old... especially something so old that didn't release any new albums in a while, and has dead members.

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
Elurindel said:
sanzo said:
Elurindel said:
Bigger than the Beatles? Isn't that blasphemy?
Well, didn't the beatles say they were bigger than god?

So if RE5 is bigger than the beatles...
Yes, that was what my statement was a playful jab at. The Beatles did indeed once declare themselves bigger than Jesus.

But then blasphemy is a victimless crime, anyway.
Haha, brilliant. I got what you were getting at.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
oliveira8 said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Malygris said:
"This is proof if any were needed that games are the entertainment medium of choice in 2009," said Capcom's Leo Tan. "Thanks to its strong storyline,...
...he's actually serious? Somebody, please just slap this man. He should be counting himself lucky that the costme that demoted Sheva from strong woman who is fighting against the plague thats threatening her home to "jungle babe" in one fell swoop didn't spark outrage.
Its Capcom...they all wear their pants in their heads...Judging for the awfull dialog lines in RE and the stupid DLC they release...and the fact they lost body parts in a competition.
Ah, the Gallaghers. Is there anything self-aggrandising they havn't said?

Negativ Solution said:
Am I the only one who thinks the beatles sucked and were overrated tripe, same with jesus and that whole "god" thing.
Quite possibly.

quiet empire

Feb 19, 2009
Antiparticle said:
quiet empire said:
I find RE5 to be extremely overrated, especially considering RE4 totally killed survival horror, the genre the original RE first created. And RE5 = RE4 unashamedly. The ads for it are all 'Chris Redfield is about to face his worst nightmare' when a more accurate description would be 'RESIDENT EVIL 5; just another generic action game'.
Yeah, exactly this. Also, "hundreds of hours of entertainment"? It's a pretty good game but I don't think I'll be playing it much anymore three months from now. It's not that amazing, guys.
Nice to see quite a few people agree this is a backwards step by Crapcom to release Resident Evil 4 with co-op and silly brightness.

Personally, I want Silent Hill: Homecoming more than RE5, you could say Homecoming is exactly like any other Silent Hill game just like RE5 is exactly like RE4, but at the very least Homecoming is still the classy survival horror gamers have enjoyed since the original Silent Hill on the PS1, and not another action shooter with the name 'Resident Evil' slapped onto it.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
In what way are the 2 comparable again?

The Beatles - One of the defining bands of the 60s, contributing much to what has made music today (or at least good music).

Resident Evil 5 - Killing villagers who are infected by a virus that makes them demonic and genocidal. Action Horror game. (Frankly, I feel will contribute much less to modern culture, being hardly ground breaking).

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Elurindel" post="7.99840.1548037 said:
Yes, that was what my statement was a playful jab at. The Beatles did indeed once declare themselves bigger than Jesus.quote]

Well actually they said that they were more popular than Jesus, not better. But still that sounds a bit concieted.