Resident evil 6 review backlash

AnotherPersonDELETE

Jul 15, 2011
http://au.gamespot.com/resident-evil-6/forum/petition-for-game-spot-to-re-review-resident-evil-6-29298373/ Everywhere I seem to look now there seems to be a divide on the review scores on resident evil 6. And most negativite reviews seem to be getting a huge community backlash.

Thoughts on this?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Thoughts:

"Waaaaah! I am a noxious fanboy and this review did not provide me with the confirmation that I was looking for!"

So basically just another day on the internet gaming circuit.

[sub][sub](Wow. I had to resort to spellcheck to spell "circuit" correctly. I hang my head in shame.)[/sub][/sub]

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
I don't get why people have the sudden urge to go out into the world and find people who hate the games they like and start stupid arguments and debates that never end well. I love this game so far and I don't give a shit if other people don't like it. It just means I will not see those people online and will not have to hear the negativity.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Just as an overview for anytime this ever happens...

Arguing over a review score is pointless. It was that guy's opinion of the game. The only people with a problem are the fanboys.

Anyone remember the "G4 only game Uncharted a 4/5" thing? I do. It was asinine.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Like a day ago, the internet was siding with Resident Evil 6 negative reviews. I almost want to say "you're acting like 9 year olds!" but there's a strong chance that many of them are indeed 9 year olds.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
RE6 looks like a game I might check out sooner or later regardless of score. I find feedback from other players much more reliable. Although you have to filter the unconditional fanboys and the cynics who hate everything. There's no such thing as a truely objective review anyhow so I might as well judge it myself.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
There's always a backlash for negative reviews when it comes to franchises... Unless you're Bioware recently.. That's seem to be more of the contrary. (Which is sad).

Xariat

Jan 30, 2011
I spy with my little eye a troll.

stuff 88Metallica said said:
"You guys are a couple of d-cks. Why are you trolling this board if you hate the game so much. Maybe y'all should go away."

"You guys are probably the ones who really are geeks, and get picked on continuosly in life, so you like to get on message boards and YouTube and be complete d-cks for no reason, and get off to it, because if you did it in real life to someone's face, you know you'd get the sh*t beat out of you. So you take your anger out on people like me. It's okay, go ahead, I understand now, I feel bad for you both."
but then suddenly, when he replies to someone who actually agrees with him
"Thank you for actually being polite. I'm glad you agree with me too. Even if you didn't, I'm glad you weren't here making immature insults. "
If anyone is being immature I say its 88Metallica himself.

aside from this theory of mine it's all just another brick in the wall, this will be forgotten quickly just like a lot of things that happen on the internet.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I read that thread while listening to Roy Orbison sing Crying.

If he hates that review then he'd positively detest mine.

4.5?

I barely gave the game the shit from my cats arse.

RE6, much like 5, is a blight on the rotting carcass that is left of the Resident Evil series. They need to just burn the remains and put it to rest. That way they can keep releasing this tired action shite and give it a completely new name.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I think it'd be pretty funny if the reviewer agreed to re-review it and gave it a worse score just to screw with all the moaning fanboys who can't accept that pretty much everyone that reviewed the game thought it was average at best and utter shit at worst.

I can't wait for Yahtzee's review.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
I barely gave the game the shit from my cats arse.

RE6, much like 5, is a blight on the rotting carcass that is left of the Resident Evil series. They need to just burn the remains and put it to rest. That way they can keep releasing this tired action shite and give it a completely new name.
Yes, yes, but how do you really feel about it?

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
I'm actually quite surprised that Gamespot actually gave an AAA title a 4.5. I thought they had like a minimum of 7 for any big titles...
I don't actually believe that

I played the demo, and it was crappy. In fact, I only played one part of the demo, and apparently that one was actually the BEST of the three, so I can only assume the rest of the game is utter shit, so the review seems about right.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
zelda2fanboy said:
Like a day ago, the internet was siding with Resident Evil 6 negative reviews. I almost want to say "you're acting like 9 year olds!" but there's a strong chance that many of them are indeed 9 year olds.
Who shouldn't be playing the fucking game anyway :O

OT: Childish, I'm gonna play it with an open mind and see how it goes before I do any kind of review of it and decide whether to have it in my upcoming horror game marathon.

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
8.8! Not high enough! Anything under an 8 is complete failure! Hate out of 10!

There - got all my bases covered.