Resident Evil 7 Announced - Has First Person Viewpoint

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
It took them 6 games and a VR requirement to get that shitty camera angles does not work.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Well, it's not really classic RE, but it's still way better then the garbage we've been stuck with for the last few years.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
There is only one possible reaction to this news. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc]

Some people are excited because "oh hey it'll be a transition back to horror!" I don't understand this mentality given that the series was never purely a horror game to begin with. It was action-horror with a load of campy James Bondy key crest puzzles, and I loved every second of it. Looking at the footage of 7 makes me think of Amnesia or that other first-person horror game (the one with night vision camera bullshit - I can never remember the name). It doesn't make me think Resident Evil at all.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Hide'n'Seek "Horror".

All the rumours about 7 being a classic, more back-to-the-roots. Hah.

And all I got was cringe and even nose-bleed. How can you be so fucking stupid?

There is a massive drought quality-wise in the genre. Capcom had two options:

Make a classic RE as part 7. The remakes sold like crazy. The signs were right on to this.

Or make a spin-off. A spin-off can be first-person. But then risk something and go psycho-horror. And a spin-off doesn't leave all the roots behind, like if it would- oh, I don't know, introduce an almost silent protagonist.

But instead, it seems like a rip-off of rip-offs of Amnesia: The Dark Corner to Hide and Be Sought After, Spooky.

RE 6 is going to become not the worst main-entry anymore. Holy shit.