Resident Evil Creator Predicts Ten Years Before Motion Controls are "Mainstream"

wehrp3nguin

Dec 21, 2009
That would be sweet to play a Resident Evil game, but instead of a normal controller, bare with me, a treadmill that lets you control the running speed of the survivor. Then, the camera following your eyes or whatever can use your movements to kick-punch-shoot-do puzzles. For the second part, they kind of had that technology for years if you've ever seen "Police 911" at an arcade.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Interesting prediction, however, I maintain that I believe this bullshit trend (along with 3D) will die out in at the most 10 years.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
In ten years, the audience will have changed in ways we can't predict. The people who cry out for less motion controls could become more of a whisper than the shout it is today.

Mista Miggins

Jul 23, 2010
I have a prediction of my own. Kinect will NOT be a major success, as it is aiming for the 'casual gamer' market. The one that Wii has already taken over. And not many casual gamers would have an XBox anyway, they are happy enough with waving a white brick in front of a screen.

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
He thinks that motion control isn't mainstream. He thinks the Wii ISN'T MAINSTREAM.

*shoots self in head Kim Pine-Style*

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Terramax said:
I think Yahtzee said it best when at the moment it feels more of a chore to play games with full body movement than any fun. A step backwards. I'm sticking to pads and keyboard + mouse until computers can mindread.
Think of playing any mainstream game with motion controls. Asscreed2 or MW2 for example. It'd be such a workout you wouldn't be able to play more than a few hours at best. The thought that motion controls will go mainstream is ridiculous. They may find a bigger market, but not go mainstream. Unless we throw mainstream games as we see them today out of the equation. I just don't see it happening. Same goes for 3D in television. It's like pulling toys out of the box to entertain you for a short time and make you think you are seeing something new. Anything new, HUGE and revolutionary that was supposed to happen already happened. Both with TV and games. The graphics aren't gonna improve for a while now, the production method will not have big changes and there's no chance at all for motion controls to take up the biggest share of the gaming market.