Resident Evil Zero: Remastered Announced, Coming Early 2016

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
9,354
0
0
Resident Evil Zero: Remastered Announced, Coming Early 2016

Resident Evil Zero: Remastered will launch in early 2016 for PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Last year, the original Resident Evil [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138900-Resident-Evil-HD-Remake-Releases-January-2015] was brought into the current generation of consoles via a special remastered edition for PS4 and Xbox One. Today, Capcom has announced that Resident Evil: Remastered was resounding success, selling over a million units and prompting the company to unveil it's latest remastered project: Resident Evil Zero: Remastered.

Resident Evil Zero: Remastered is a HD remake of 2002's Resident Evil Zero for Nintendo GameCube. It's actually the second time the game has been remade, as a version for the Wii was released in 2008. The new Resident Evil Zero: Remastered will launch in early 2016 for PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out the announcement trailer above if you'd like, but know that it doesn't actually show off any footage from the game.

This will be the first time Zero has been made available on a non-Nintendo console, and funnily enough, it looks like the remaster is actually skipping the Wii U.

If you've been playing at home, you'd know that a remake of Zero has been on the cards since back in December [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139227-Resident-Evil-Zero-to-get-HD-Remaster], where data for it was discovered on the PlayStation store.

Source: Capcom [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRtJBaQ9tow]

Permalink
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
Sooo...are capcom going to actually make any more games or are they riding the re-release train all the way to oblivion? Because nothing but arse has come out of capcom's arse for a long while. Where's dragon's dogma 2? Where is the Lost planet game that doesn't screw up like the 3rd installment? Where is anything? What are they even doing with their lives? Not developing games, that's for sure.
 

layne

New member
Jun 14, 2013
43
0
0
This is good news. I've always wanted to play this one but have never owned a Nintendo console. The Umbrella Chronicles had bits and pieces of the story from Zero in it but it's not the same. It will be great to play it in its original form.
 

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
5,174
0
0
I feel like I should be against rampant remastering on principle.. but dammit I enjoyed ReReResident Evil too much! I enjoyed Zero back in the GC days so will probably end up getting this too.

Now if Capcom could just give us the RE2 remake the world needs, then everything would be gravy.
 

Metalrocks

New member
Jan 15, 2009
2,406
0
0
this is good news. never was able to play it since i also dont own console. was so happy when i finally could play the RE remastered version. played it with jill a lot but still havent finished it with chris though. have to catch up on that.
well, even when capcom should be making RE7 or revelations 3, i sure have no complaints for "zero". at least another game im expecting next year.
 

BloodRed Pixel

New member
Jul 16, 2009
630
0
0
I love you, Capcom!

I great to see a big Publisher get a real world view and not only server a'niche/core audience' but consider "over 1 Million units sold " a SUCCESS, which it is!
 

Shoggoth2588

New member
Aug 31, 2009
10,250
0
0
So not Resident Evil 2? Dammit, I'm going to be in my 40's when they finally re-make that game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they're doing this then the original Devil May Cry but I could be wrong about that. I haven't played Resi-Zero but I did recently pick it up on the Gamecube. It always looked pretty interesting to me and those Gamecube Resis were always really impressive graphically.
 

Shoggoth2588

New member
Aug 31, 2009
10,250
0
0
Major_Tom said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
So not Resident Evil 2?
That would take actual work.
Yeah...REsident Evil and Zero on the Gamecube were probably the best looking pair of games on that console. They looked better than a lot of Wii games and I could see people arguing that they looked better than some early 360/PS3 games. Just make Zero work with the new controllers and you're done. Resident Evil 2 and 3 still look kinda like paper-craft...not sure about the GC version other than they aren't full on remakes.
 

SecondPrize

New member
Mar 12, 2012
1,436
0
0
Shoggoth2588 said:
So not Resident Evil 2? Dammit, I'm going to be in my 40's when they finally re-make that game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they're doing this then the original Devil May Cry but I could be wrong about that. I haven't played Resi-Zero but I did recently pick it up on the Gamecube. It always looked pretty interesting to me and those Gamecube Resis were always really impressive graphically.
The original and Zero were already remade for the gamecube, while the work done on them for these remasters isn't tiny, it's more than what would be required for 2 or 3. That being said, I'll buy Zero day one for the PC like I did RE-REmake, just so Capcom doesn't miss the message that people want to pay for this stuff and would be happy to pay for 2 and 3.
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
19,464
4,267
118
Yippee, the re-riveting tale of Rebecca Chambers fighting baboons and grashhoppers.

...

Could you tell they were scraping the barrel?
 

Bindal

New member
May 14, 2012
1,320
0
0
SecondPrize said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
So not Resident Evil 2? Dammit, I'm going to be in my 40's when they finally re-make that game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they're doing this then the original Devil May Cry but I could be wrong about that. I haven't played Resi-Zero but I did recently pick it up on the Gamecube. It always looked pretty interesting to me and those Gamecube Resis were always really impressive graphically.
The original and Zero were already remade for the gamecube, while the work done on them for these remasters isn't tiny, it's more than what would be required for 2 or 3. That being said, I'll buy Zero day one for the PC like I did RE-REmake, just so Capcom doesn't miss the message that people want to pay for this stuff and would be happy to pay for 2 and 3.
Thanks to the two Chronicals games, I think at least some parts of the remaking of 2 and 3 are already done (mainly the character and enemy models and a few locations). Tiny parts, but still parts.

And Zero wasn't Remade for the GameCube, it was just straight up made. It only exists for the Cube and as a Wii Port (still requiring a GC-Controller to be played properly). There is no old version that was released on a previous generation.
 

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
5,333
352
88
RE Zero? Why not a proper remake of RE 2!? I think it was way better than RE Zero; and unlike RE1 it never had a graphic upgrade in the Gamecube version.
 

flying_whimsy

New member
Dec 2, 2009
1,077
0
0
I'm most interested in the fact that this is apparently skipping a wii u release: Nintendo needs to get their shit together regarding third party support or it's going to be the gamecube all over again.

Probably would have helped if they hadn't just announced they were working on another console; kind of removes the incentive to release on the wii u.

I'm hoping for a pc release of this and eventually a remake of RE2 (or even just a pc release of the original). I want to play the older RE games without having to track them down second hand or illegally download roms.
 

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
5,499
0
0
So that would make it pretty much every game except 2 & 3 getting HD re-releases... Of course as its been said 2 & 3 would have to be completely redone from the ground up which I wouldn't mind at all considering 2 was still my favorite of the original PSX trilogy and the one game I was pissed off about not getting a remake on Gamecube.
I wonder though if Capcom lost the source code for those two and thats why we never got remakes...
 

mad825

New member
Mar 28, 2010
3,379
0
0
Oh, so this doesn't account for being a port? Well excuse me then. Seriously people, they are porting not fucking remaking, remastering or any thing else. Most of this "remastering" is also a downgrade. Understand this people? They are porting, porting. Meaning your hopes of a "remake" for RE2 is pretty darn slim as they're not into that business.

After getting the port of REmake on the PC, they never updated it which is leaving me to feel sceptical despite my enthusiasm for RE0.


Shoggoth2588 said:
So not Resident Evil 2? Dammit, I'm going to be in my 40's when they finally re-make that game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they're doing this then the original Devil May Cry but I could be wrong about that. I haven't played Resi-Zero but I did recently pick it up on the Gamecube. It always looked pretty interesting to me and those Gamecube Resis were always really impressive graphically.
It's been discussed to death. RE0 was the most logical game getting the port seeing as the engine for RE0 is the same as REmake.
 

killerbee256

New member
Aug 14, 2014
76
0
0
layne said:
This is good news. I've always wanted to play this one but have never owned a Nintendo console.
Same here! Never played it originally. flying_whimsy there are ports of resident evil 1, 2 and 3 that were put out when the games were new. But they can be hard to get running on modern systems.
 

SecondPrize

New member
Mar 12, 2012
1,436
0
0
Bindal said:
SecondPrize said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
So not Resident Evil 2? Dammit, I'm going to be in my 40's when they finally re-make that game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict they're doing this then the original Devil May Cry but I could be wrong about that. I haven't played Resi-Zero but I did recently pick it up on the Gamecube. It always looked pretty interesting to me and those Gamecube Resis were always really impressive graphically.
The original and Zero were already remade for the gamecube, while the work done on them for these remasters isn't tiny, it's more than what would be required for 2 or 3. That being said, I'll buy Zero day one for the PC like I did RE-REmake, just so Capcom doesn't miss the message that people want to pay for this stuff and would be happy to pay for 2 and 3.
Thanks to the two Chronicals games, I think at least some parts of the remaking of 2 and 3 are already done (mainly the character and enemy models and a few locations). Tiny parts, but still parts.

And Zero wasn't Remade for the GameCube, it was just straight up made. It only exists for the Cube and as a Wii Port (still requiring a GC-Controller to be played properly). There is no old version that was released on a previous generation.
Made or remade for the GC it's still an easier task to polish it up for modern times. I didn't really know about chronicles, I hope having assets from that is weighed upon when Capcom talks about continuing on from 1 and 0 to do up 2 and 3.

Edit: Unless I'm high, Bogos, RE HD released this year, not last, and on Microsoft and Sony's last and current gen consoles as well as the PC, all at the same time.