Restaurant or Activity recommendations for Orlando Florida?

saoirse13

Mar 21, 2012
Hey everyone.
So I am going on holiday to Orlando in the next few weeks, our main destination is Universal Studio's for the Halloween Horror Nights. Now my question is, for those of you who have been before or live in Florida, are there any other attractions or activities that are a must see or must do.
Also are there any restaurants that you think are great (I like most foods so not limited to any particular type of food)

I really don't know what to expect visiting Florida, Its my first proper holiday out of Ireland so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys and Gals

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
If you like watching shit sport teams get flogged you could go see a Magic game. Victor Oladipo might be worth the admission price.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Well, depending on how long you plan to stay in Orlando and how many days you plan to spend at Universal will certainly influence what is/isn't possible. However, I do know of a few things.

Try to go mini-golfing at either Pirate's Cove or Congo River. It's a nice, relaxing break from the chaos of the parks, plus those are the two best miniature golf places I've ever been to. They're also nice places to go to after spending a day at Universal. Just don't go to Tiki Island. The course isn't that great, and if the fake volcano goes off...well, let's just say that it releases a lot of heat, which isn't too enjoyable in Florida's heat.

There's also Wet n' Wild close by if you want to experience a water park. Also, while they are a decent drive away (1-1.5 hours), you can always go to places like Daytona Beach or Cocoa Beach (Daytona is one of the most recognizable beaches in Florida, but Cocoa isn't as busy). Not to mention, you have all the usual parks like Disney and Sea World, but I'm not sure you want to spend that much money in one trip considering you're already going to Universal. Just be sure to get to Gatorland (I think it's less than $30 for one day). Next to maybe the Florida Panther and Manatee, the American Alligator is probably the most recognizable animal in Florida, and Gatorland is a decent way to get to see them. I'm not sure if they still do it, but I do know they used to allow you to hold a baby alligator. Just be warned that most of these are all-day activities, so they aren't feasible to do if you plan on going to Universal that day.

As far as restaurants are concerned, I'm not sure. It's been about ten years since I actually lived in Orlando. I do remember Twistee Treat being a good place to get ice cream, though. Keep in mind, though, Orlando is a major tourist center in an already tourist-heavy state, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a local restaurant that serves good food. A Google search might help you find a few interesting ones. Just make sure to not waste all your money on the food at Universal. It's not high quality, but they charge you like it is.