Retailer Claims Watch Dogs Will Use Steam on PC

PG

Apr 2, 2008
This is such a dumb non-story, every Ubisoft game is available on Steam. It just means you can buy the game there, not that buying it retail will give you a Steam key. And yes, if you buy it on Steam you will still have to have Uplay just like all of their recent games.
There are settings to minimise your interaction with it so that you just go straight to the game instead of into Uplay's menu system but it will still be installed and automatically start up in the background when you run a game (You can close it once the game's started just like Steam but it won't upload your save to the cloud server).

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I was disappointed the first time I had to put UPlay on my system, but it didn't cause me any major issues other than the fact that it had to be there. I've only had three games that needed the thing, so it wasn't a bother.

Then I was forced to install a patch for Far Cry 3 (uplay wouldn't start the game w/o the patch): patch wouldn't work, game data was corrupted, and I couldn't uninstall or reinstall it. It gave me a spectacular amount of headaches and I just gave up trying to play the game.

While I'm not ruined for UPlay, I would rather ubisoft just use steam going forward. Admittedly I'm not very interested in Watch Dogs; I always wait until after release (and reviews start coming out) before I actually decide to buy a game.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
So, are we going to see them force us to use both DRM at the same time now? its not like that hasnt happened.